Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it's almost 4:30 and I need to be at work by 5:00...so I'll have to make this post a short one. I didn't get to hunt last weekend because the weather was too cold for me...yes I turned into a putz after the previous week of 70 degree temps. ;D
Anyway I headed out of town today to hunt...but couldn't hit my favorite park because they have the Christmas lights up...so you aren't allowed in until after dusk. ???
I met up with Deeponedge and we fought the rain pretty much all day. I did get quite a few goodies..but along with that I also got a nasty head cold. :tongue3:
Darrell kept whining all day about being wet and cold :tard:...and that his machine was getting water on it. :tongue3: I did the manly thing ;D...and taped a plastic bag around my SE housing and probe box. :D Because of that...I ended up hunting all by sound today. I couldn't see the screen...so I had no choice. ;D
The highlight of the day was the 1912S Barber dime down over 9"...maybe closer to 10". I really am not sure because of all the mud and water that kept sliding back into the hole once I got down to 9". ::) I had been over this spot before a couple of weeks ago...but this time I gridded it from another direction. The Barber gave a muffled warbly silver sound...but it was blended in with some other jibberish. :tongue3: Even with my gain at 10...this still sounded like a very deep target :thumbsup:..so I began digging in the muck.
After reaching 8"...out popped an old style pulltab. ??? Well I was cold...wet...muddy...and now ticked off. :angry5: As always...I ran the probe one more time and was kindly rewarded with a screamer another 2" or so down. :thumbsup: I scraped some more muck out of the hole as the water poured back in...and saw the glint of silver.Out popped the 1912s Barber dime. :thumbsup:
All in all a nice day...but I seriously have a nasty head cold now. :icon_biggrin:
I'm supposed to meet up with Coin Magnet and a couple of his buddies this weekend at one of their parks. He told me there have been some incredible coins come out of there in the last 15 years or so...but that it was probably the most pounded park I would ever hunt...so we'll see what happens. :headbang: As long as I'm swingin' the coil...I don't care if I find anything or not. It's all about the fun and peace I feel once the headphones go on. :angel7: Good luck on your next hunt...and thanks for viewing.

Attachments

• coins135.jpg
    coins135.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 546
  • coins134.jpg
    coins134.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 558
  • coins136.jpg
    coins136.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 546
Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You big dog! :wink: Everytime you post I KNOW there will be old coins to see. :thumbsup: Congrats Bryce. Your dedication paid off for sure. As far as......"I ended up hunting all by sound today. I couldn't see the screen...so I had no choice."
I don't want to hear it. That's all I ever have to go on with my Tesoro. :tongue3: ;D :wink:
Great hunt.
-Doug-

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! You are always racking them up.

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Great hunt and finds, congrats on the haul of finds :thumbsup: Hope you feel better good luck!
Glenn

Jul 11, 2008
Neosho,Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac ,Tesoro cibola
Nice finds,
Hope your cold gets better,and hope you do great this weekend.
You always have great finds,
best of luck.
LabradorBob

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet Dig's Bryce.....I hope the 70 Degree weather doesn't spoil Ya ;D........very cool Find's my Man!!!!! :thumbsup:

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Nice haul Bryce,I know what you mean about the peace associated with having those headphones on. I was out the other day,it was 38 degrees spittin a flurrie or two and just plain miserable out but once i started swingin and diggin and listening for those "keepers" I was oblivious to the weather.(managed to find a toe tap and a 65 IH) We're gonna keep swingin til we need a jackhammer right? LOL
Jerry

Brian in MA

Sep 4, 2004
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice job Bryce.... Sounds like you really had to work for that Barber....

You're a true gamer being out in those kind of conditions !!!

Hope your head cold clears up in time for the weekend hunt !!!

Good luck..

Brian in MA

t-bucket

Bronze Member
Oct 7, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
e-track- Explorer SE explorer 2 -
Nice haul Bryce, Sorry about the head cold :icon_shaking2:Congrats on the silver and the other cool stuff and Good luck this weekend it is going to be very cold and maybe snow but ,who cares Ill be out. Maybe !!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Nice digs Bryce, I bet those hands were freezing after that Barber dig. But well worth the effort of course...WTG, hope the cold goes away...Both in your head and outside...I am aching to get back out there too....See ya Buddy.....jgas

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Bryce,
It was very cold last weekend. It only got 39 here for the high. Not as enjoyable but better than rain. I really am not too fond of the rain. A little drizzle is ok but when it's cold and rainy forget it. Time to break out the wool hat and insulated golves. :icon_sunny:

So if not your favorite park then where did you hunt? Looks like it would be the same results. Very sweet to get multiple silver and IH's in the same hunt. 8)

I am surprised that you don't clean your coins a little better before posting. You find some great stuff. BTW - Those relics are pretty sweet too.

Bob

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great finds once again silverfreak :o congrats :thumbsup: get over that cold soon :icon_sunny:

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Man, You are way more dedicated to detecting than I am. A little rain will keep me from detecting anytime. Congrats on the nice finds. The Barber dime is a great find. Too bad you also found a cold. AW-CHOO! ;D
Dman

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
It's raining shiny silver coins over in Southern Cal, Bryce!! ;D ;D :icon_jokercolor: :icon_sunny:

Man, I'd be a real putz if I lived over there. I'd probably stay home if it was in the 40's. But I've rarely seen an afternoon in the 40's over here. ::)

Sorry to hear about your bad cold. Rest up as much as you can so you can get out to that pounded park this weekend and find some of those elusive oldies.

Nice finds, again, buddy!! Geez, I finally see a rosie in your pics ;D :icon_biggrin:

Hope you feel better soon!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
silverfreak said:
...I really am not sure because of all the mud and water that kept sliding back into the hole once I got down to 9". ::) ... ...I scraped some more muck out of the hole as the water poured back in...
:tard: :tard: :tard:

I can handle cold - but rain? I would have gone home:( - I guess that's one reason you find so much! ::)

Once again, Bryce, you came through for us! :thumbsup:

What a nice group of silver, Indians, & relics!! That little Roy Rogers gun is really cool. :) What is the pin or button in the top row in the middle?

Congrats on a fine hunt! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Get well soon!!
Neil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread