Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it's almost 4:30 and I need to be at work by 5:00...so I'll have to make this post a short one. I didn't get to hunt last weekend because the weather was too cold for me...yes I turned into a putz after the previous week of 70 degree temps. ;D
Anyway I headed out of town today to hunt...but couldn't hit my favorite park because they have the Christmas lights up...so you aren't allowed in until after dusk. ???
I met up with Deeponedge and we fought the rain pretty much all day. I did get quite a few goodies..but along with that I also got a nasty head cold. :tongue3:
Darrell kept whining all day about being wet and cold :tard:...and that his machine was getting water on it. :tongue3: I did the manly thing ;D...and taped a plastic bag around my SE housing and probe box. :D Because of that...I ended up hunting all by sound today. I couldn't see the screen...so I had no choice. ;D
The highlight of the day was the 1912S Barber dime down over 9"...maybe closer to 10". I really am not sure because of all the mud and water that kept sliding back into the hole once I got down to 9". ::) I had been over this spot before a couple of weeks ago...but this time I gridded it from another direction. The Barber gave a muffled warbly silver sound...but it was blended in with some other jibberish. :tongue3: Even with my gain at 10...this still sounded like a very deep target :thumbsup:..so I began digging in the muck.
After reaching 8"...out popped an old style pulltab. ??? Well I was cold...wet...muddy...and now ticked off. :angry5: As always...I ran the probe one more time and was kindly rewarded with a screamer another 2" or so down. :thumbsup: I scraped some more muck out of the hole as the water poured back in...and saw the glint of silver.Out popped the 1912s Barber dime. :thumbsup:
All in all a nice day...but I seriously have a nasty head cold now. :icon_biggrin:
I'm supposed to meet up with Coin Magnet and a couple of his buddies this weekend at one of their parks. He told me there have been some incredible coins come out of there in the last 15 years or so...but that it was probably the most pounded park I would ever hunt...so we'll see what happens. :headbang: As long as I'm swingin' the coil...I don't care if I find anything or not. It's all about the fun and peace I feel once the headphones go on. :angel7: Good luck on your next hunt...and thanks for viewing.

Attachments

• coins135.jpg
    coins135.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 546
  • coins134.jpg
    coins134.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 558
  • coins136.jpg
    coins136.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 546
Upvote 0

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pile of silver, Bryce! The little gun is cool, too. Hope you feel better soon.

HH

Damon64

Bronze Member
Jul 10, 2008
Federal Way, WA
Detector(s) used
V3i, DFX, Beachhunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always look forward to reading your posts. The stuff you find is amazing and the story always puts me right in there. Keep it up man!

The Buzzard King

Mar 29, 2005
N.E.P.A.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-5, Fisher 1280-X
Another great hunt!
Nice going on that deep Barber. :thumbsup:
Rain's better than snow, and frozen ground anytime!
Nice going! Congrats on the goodies!

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Maybe I need to become a "PUTZ" ... If that is what it takes to find the Righteous Coinage ... :tard: :tongue3: :tard:

Way to persevere Bryce ... A Job Well Done ~ BRAVO ...

Take care of yourself my friend ...

~ Nick ~
Thanks my brother. I believe a nice little cupfull of Vicks NyQuil will be in order this evening ;D

TreasurdiggrNY said:
Great hunt and finds, congrats on the haul of finds :thumbsup: Hope you feel better good luck!
Glenn
Thanks Glenn :icon_sunny:

KevinH said:
Great finds! You are always racking them up.
Thanks Kevin

ModernMiner said:
You big dog! :wink: Everytime you post I KNOW there will be old coins to see. :thumbsup: Congrats Bryce. Your dedication paid off for sure. As far as......"I ended up hunting all by sound today. I couldn't see the screen...so I had no choice."
I don't want to hear it. That's all I ever have to go on with my Tesoro. :tongue3: ;D :wink:
Great hunt.
-Doug-
Thanks Doug. I'll tell you what my friend...hunting by sound alone really sharpens up the listening skills :thumbsup:
On the other hand...I don't think I want to do it every time buddy ;D :wink:

crazyjarhead said:
Nice haul Bryce. That must have been fun ;D At least you found some silver to keep you name "silverfreak" :wink:
Thanks CJH. It was fun...but I'm payin' for it now :icon_pale:

waltripcrew said:
Nice hual, hope your head clears soon.
Thanks buddy

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kdismuke1 said:
GREAT FINDS. BEST OF LUCK.
Thanks kdismuke1

topdog said:
Really nice haul.
Thanks TD

peanut695 said:
Nice job Bryce.... Sounds like you really had to work for that Barber....

You're a true gamer being out in those kind of conditions !!!

Hope your head cold clears up in time for the weekend hunt !!!

Good luck..

Brian in MA
Thanks Brian. I think it will be some time before I hunt in that much rain again..but it was fun :thumbsup:

allen said:
way to go on those nice coins...
Thanks Allen

Ohio Jerry said:
Nice haul Bryce,I know what you mean about the peace associated with having those headphones on. I was out the other day,it was 38 degrees spittin a flurrie or two and just plain miserable out but once i started swingin and diggin and listening for those "keepers" I was oblivious to the weather.(managed to find a toe tap and a 65 IH) We're gonna keep swingin til we need a jackhammer right? LOL
Jerry
Thanks Jerry. You got it my friend..."until a jackhammer is needed" ;D Right now though...man I feel like crap...all clogged up in the head ;D

civilman1 said:
Sweet Dig's Bryce.....I hope the 70 Degree weather doesn't spoil Ya ;D........very cool Find's my Man!!!!! :thumbsup:
Thanks Civ. Trust me...that 70 degree weather is long gone ;D

plehbah said:
Another pile of silver!

Nice finds!
Thanks Plehbah

LabradorBob said:
Nice finds,
Hope your cold gets better,and hope you do great this weekend.
You always have great finds,
best of luck.
LabradorBob
Thanks Bob...and thanks for the kind words. Now if I only had some good cold medicine :thumbsup:

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mirage said:
Bryce,
It was very cold last weekend. It only got 39 here for the high. Not as enjoyable but better than rain. I really am not too fond of the rain. A little drizzle is ok but when it's cold and rainy forget it. Time to break out the wool hat and insulated golves. :icon_sunny:

So if not your favorite park then where did you hunt? Looks like it would be the same results. Very sweet to get multiple silver and IH's in the same hunt. 8)

I am surprised that you don't clean your coins a little better before posting. You find some great stuff. BTW - Those relics are pretty sweet too.

Bob
Thanks Bob. There 4 different parks in this one town that I have been hitting since the 80's. While I like one better than the other 3...I know all the good spots...where the fill is...and where the oldest coins have come from...etc. I don't mind hunting the other 3...but when the wind is blowing...there is NO cover to slow it down. My favorite park has lots of trees.
As for cleaning the coins before posting...I almost always rinse off the silver unless I'm rushing around to get to work ;D
The injuns take a lot more time...so unless it is a better date or really nice shape...etc...I just take the pic just as they came out of the ground....then clean them in peroxide, etc...when I have time. As for the wheaties...I don't even mess with them at all. I just give a quick check for a key date...then chuck them in a container dirty. ;D

jgas said:
Nice digs Bryce, I bet those hands were freezing after that Barber dig. But well worth the effort of course...WTG, hope the cold goes away...Both in your head and outside...I am aching to get back out there too....See ya Buddy.....jgas
Thanks jgas. Good luck on your next hunt buddy

t-bucket said:
Nice haul Bryce, Sorry about the head cold :icon_shaking2:Congrats on the silver and the other cool stuff and Good luck this weekend it is going to be very cold and maybe snow but ,who cares Ill be out. Maybe !!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks G-Money. If it's snowin'...I'm stayin inside. My head's clogged up the way it is. ???

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kimsdad said:
silverfreak said:
...I really am not sure because of all the mud and water that kept sliding back into the hole once I got down to 9". ::) ... ...I scraped some more muck out of the hole as the water poured back in...
:tard: :tard: :tard:

I can handle cold - but rain? I would have gone home:( - I guess that's one reason you find so much! ::)

Once again, Bryce, you came through for us! :thumbsup:

What a nice group of silver, Indians, & relics!! That little Roy Rogers gun is really cool. :) What is the pin or button in the top row in the middle?

Congrats on a fine hunt! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Get well soon!!
Neil
Thanks Neil. I honestly didn't even notice that the little gun has the RR for Roy Rogers on it. I guess I might need to clean it up a little ;D
The little pin says "Case works" or something like that. I'll have to get a better look at it when I can stop sneezing and coughing ;D :wink:

Captn_SE said:
It's raining shiny silver coins over in Southern Cal, Bryce!! ;D ;D :icon_jokercolor: :icon_sunny:

Man, I'd be a real putz if I lived over there. I'd probably stay home if it was in the 40's. But I've rarely seen an afternoon in the 40's over here. ::)

Sorry to hear about your bad cold. Rest up as much as you can so you can get out to that pounded park this weekend and find some of those elusive oldies.

Nice finds, again, buddy!! Geez, I finally see a rosie in your pics ;D :icon_biggrin:

Hope you feel better soon!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan
Thanks Dan. Just keep rubbin' it in about the weather you have my friend :wink:
I hope it's nice this weekend too...but no way I'm getting out in crap like today again...no way ;D

Dman said:
Man, You are way more dedicated to detecting than I am. A little rain will keep me from detecting anytime. Congrats on the nice finds. The Barber dime is a great find. Too bad you also found a cold. AW-CHOO! ;D
Dman
;D Thanks D.....aw-CHOO...man ;D

weasel606 said:
great finds once again silverfreak :o congrats :thumbsup: get over that cold soon :icon_sunny:
Thanks Weasel :thumbsup:

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Buzzard King said:
Another great hunt!
Nice going on that deep Barber. :thumbsup:
Rain's better than snow, and frozen ground anytime!
Nice going! Congrats on the goodies!
Thanks BK. I think so too...although I'm really clogged up right now ;D

Damon64 said:
I always look forward to reading your posts. The stuff you find is amazing and the story always puts me right in there. Keep it up man!
Thanks Damon64. I appreciate that buddy...and I'm glad you enjoy my posts.

Michiganne said:
Nice pile of silver, Bryce! The little gun is cool, too. Hope you feel better soon.

HH
Thanks Michiganne :icon_sunny:

halfdime said:
Small price to pay for glory! ;D Congrats on the finds and the sticktoitiveness!
Thanks HD. :thumbsup:

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, I don't remember the last time I dug five silver. Or Four. Or three. Good stuff there. What's the weird diamond shaped thingy in the second photo post? Sorry about the head cold, but obviously, it was worth it.

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rodgerdodger said:
Another good hunt Bryce. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks RD

curbdiggercarl57 said:
Man, I don't remember the last time I dug five silver. Or Four. Or three. Good stuff there. What's the weird diamond shaped thingy in the second photo post? Sorry about the head cold, but obviously, it was worth it.
Thanks Carl. It's either a broken cuff link or a broken brooch. The back part looks like the piece that held it to whatever it was...has broken off. It's a purple stone and is set in 12K gold fill.

Mr_Mojo_Risin

Apr 29, 2008
Eau Claire, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Very cool coins, even a cool pull tab! This time of year is perfect for colds. I feel for ya
At least you did find some goodies

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr_Mojo_Risin said:
Very cool coins, even a cool pull tab! This time of year is perfect for colds. I feel for ya
At least you did find some goodies
Thanks Mojo. i didn't get a pulltab...but if you are referring to the round silver thing..it's a sterling silver back to a stick pin :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions