Silver Mine Tennesee for sale

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Ok...Came across this ad and thought it was interesting...and sad

91.8 acre farm with 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 24x54 double wide mobile home, equipment sheds, storage buildings and a workshop. 2/3 of the farm is in woodlands, 1/3 is in fields. The timber was select cut a few years ago.

The property is fully fenced, has springs and creeks through out, and has a lake with large dam. The lake is now dry because the drainage valve has been left open. Some of his cattle got in there in the winter, broke through the ice and died. The spring area that feeds the lake still provides water to the lake bottom.

One of the more interesting features is a cave that has been dynamited shut many years ago.
Several legends , such as Jesse James and his gang stayed in the cave a while and probably hid some money in there after robbing a bank in nearby Florence, Alabama.
Indians were said to have lived in the cave before that.

The owner was aware of the existence of trace silver ore in the cave, and had a small person enter the cave as far as they could and bring out some rock and had them assayed by Microbac Laboratories, Inc., Knoxville Division, in Maryville, TN. The assay shows 3.43, units: MG/KG, method: SW846 7760.

An old time resident, who knew the area well, said he knew, from stories he had been told growing up in the area, there was silver ore in the cave and possibly other "treasures" and artifacts.

Heavy equipment will be needed to reopen the entrance so the cave may be searched & explored. The owner had dreamed of accomplishing this, but has recently become partially disabled and is in poor health.

Now he is not physically or financially able to pursue his dream, and therefore is reluctantly offering the farm for sale.

Offered @

$230,000.00

for all, except for 5% of the mineral rights.
OR
Will sell @ a lesser price for a greater percentage of the mineral rights.
http://www.tennesseeland.com/farm/1650/1650.html

Attachments

• 1650home.jpg
    1650home.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 434
  • 1650partialviewofcave-silverminesiteleft.jpg
    1650partialviewofcave-silverminesiteleft.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 460
  • 1650barn.jpg
    1650barn.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 431
  • 1650oneofthecreeks&woodsview2.jpg
    1650oneofthecreeks&woodsview2.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 448

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Very cool story gypsy, thank you. I paid more for my house and 1/12 of an acre here in NY. I only wish I could jump on something like this and spend all my free time digging. Thanks for the post and story.

kenb

wolfmanjoe3

Dec 28, 2006
Utah
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Very interesting property. Wish I had a spare 1/4 mil laying around so I could buy it...

insider

Greenie
Jan 16, 2007
That stories either total BS to help sell the property, or the opportunity of a lifetime!

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
insider said:
That stories either total BS to help sell the property, or the opportunity of a lifetime!

Well either way that's not a bad price for almost 100 acres of land, regardless of anything else.

insider

Greenie
Jan 16, 2007
I know of serveral large tracts of land for sale in NC in the vein mountain area, each with running streams going thru them, and one has a cave! The best one has a house on it dating to 1885. House used stream for water, but it is in a gold producing area, and has remained the same since 1885! These places could pay for themselves just with gold panned, or dredged from the streams, and who knows what lies along the banks.

RonNewbie

Jan 14, 2007
Oklahoma City, OK
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, MXT
Gee, that's just too cool. I used to live in both SC and TN but I never attempted any metal detecting back then. Gold mines and silver mines...wow, what a deal.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Gypsy,

thanks for posting, interesting; nice
photos.

Will mention it first thing in the morning when
I talk with the woman. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Not going to say a word about it tonight ;)

have a good un.........................
SHERMANVILLE

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE
so if everyone from TN goes in together that's like $23 bucks each! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread