South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out again last night to another old sport field. Plenty of clad to be found, but still struggling to get back on the silver coins.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477672935.899885.jpg

Thought I had a silver dime, but am happy with the silver St. Christopher pendant, sort of made the night. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477673006.655688.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477673021.112850.jpg

Also found my first horse shoe. Took some cleaning to actually ID as a horseshoe. It is aluminum with a steel front plate and remnants of iron nails. Very degraded, but don't think it is that old after doing some googling. I thought all horseshoes were iron/steel. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477673283.278728.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477673316.483139.jpg

Have you ever been detecting at night and had the feeling that there was someone watching you nearby? Last night I had this feeling and it turned out to be 2 deer that eventually were within 20 feet munching on a big clover patch.

Thanks for looking and good luck.

Upvote 8

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nicer then a silver dime imo, nice catch. One time I was hunting close to a battlefield park, got done digging a bullet, stood up and turned around and there was a 6 point buck standing behind me watching, so close I could have reached out and touched him..He spooked a little but really wasn't scared. He ran about twenty yards and continued to watch me.

Rustic

Jul 10, 2015
western MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nicer then a silver dime imo, nice catch. One time I was hunting close to a battlefield park, got done digging a bullet, stood up and turned around and there was a 6 point buck standing behind me watching, so close I could have reached out and touched him..He spooked a little but really wasn't scared. He ran about twenty yards and continued to watch me.

That must have been so awesome, to have a buck standing so close! I had something similar happen, I stood up and turned around and there was a doe with her fawn, both watching me from about 15 yards away... the fawn even went beside her mother and began nursing on her. And they followed me around for 15 minutes after that.... strangest thing ever. But super special too, just loved it. :laughing9:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds,,
It's really good to get out into the wilderness,, especially at this time of the year.
Congratulations

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Wow! a lot coins man, i bet still some there in the field

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread