Silver price

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
They may end up moving this thread to another forum. However, I HOPE they keep it here. I want to know my CRH Friends opinion. Not everyone else. I have learned to value some of your opinions and insight.

What do you all think the silver trend is telling us? Is it about to peak again and shoot back down? Is it on the way to the 40s?
IF one doesn't need the money, should we continue to hold onto our CRH finds? Where do you think silver prices will be in 20 years? 50 years?

Feel free to answer these questions or rant about something ELSE related to silver prices and trends-

Please MOD do not move(maybe shameless begging will work?)

N8

Upvote 0

$nack-Money

Jul 16, 2011
This will be a wild year due to the election. If Uncle Obammy gets 4 more years, I see silver going 50+ per ounce quickly. If the republican gets elected, we may see stabilization in the mid 30s... just my .02 wheat cents.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
n8dagr8345 said:
They may end up moving this thread to another forum. However, I HOPE they keep it here. I want to know my CRH Friends opinion. Not everyone else. I have learned to value some of your opinions and insight.

What do you all think the silver trend is telling us? Is it about to peak again and shoot back down? Is it on the way to the 40s?
IF one doesn't need the money, should we continue to hold onto our CRH finds? Where do you think silver prices will be in 20 years? 50 years?

Feel free to answer these questions or rant about something ELSE related to silver prices and trends-

N8

As long as the fed continues to print money I believe tangibles will continue to become more valuable long term, maybe short too. I also see people demanding physical silver rather than digital or paper.

OP
OP
n8dagr8345

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyone bold enough to give a 5 year, 10 year, and 20 year number for the price of silver/ounce
N8

Any yes, I will hunt you down in 20 years and either give you my praises or condemn you

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
N8 theres alot of great replies in the precious metals forum on T-Net, especially from Jim4Silver. If you have time I highly recommend reading some of his posts and replies to this question.

The fed is gearing up to print money, I think in the short term it doesn't matter who wins the election, silver is going to back closer to 50, within 12-18 months.

5 or 10 years.....you should ask J.P. Morgan since they are the manipulators!

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been watching metals for a while. Just trying to figure how to get into them when I discovered this hobby. Traditionally silver has been worth 1/16 the value of gold. That being said we can look at todays market and see this isnt the case. IMO silver should be running at 150-160 an ounce.

Not to turn this political speculation just whats printed in the news. The Euro Zone is on the brink of collapse, multiple countries cant repay thier debt. An the Fed keeps on printing the bills. Precious metals are tied to inflation. The Asian Forex market is going to make the American market a bit more honest in reflecting silver and gold prices imo.

That being said I would not be surprised to see Silver move into the high 50's low 60's in the next 6 to 8 months leading up to the election.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm in it for the long haul, although I wish I'd had the foresight to sell on the last peak and buy back in on the dip. Problem is, I just love the rollercoaster.

dinero

Jan 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
n8dagr8345 said:

N8

N8 I think people should hold on to their silver for at least 5 years! Hunt, find, and put away!

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Right now I think about $30-$35 will be about the normal range for silver but right now it is on the rise, if I am not mistaken the price and trends right now are almost identical to the silver price and trends of exactly one year ago. I would love to see silver hit rock bottom soon so that I can load up on cheap silver but I know this will not happen, probably.
I personally keep everything I find from coin hunting (I won't even trade) because everything I have found, especially the good stuff, has its own unique story behind it and also because I collect/hoard coins numismatically as well as for bullion. So as I plan to do, I recommend keeping your finds, unless of course you prefer having some fancying looking green paper or a larger number on a computer in a bank.
As others have stated on here I agree with them that the american election will probably effect silver prices. Plus the amount of work the fed reserve printers are doing will effect silver prices. I hate how easily silver prices are manipulated, essentially all silver sold on paper doesn't physically exist which drives the price up or down depending on what happens with it.
In about 10-20 years I wouldn't be surprised if silver had an average price of over $50. In my opinion a war with Iran is inevitable and when that happens silver will probably go through the roof, problem is in that situation I don't see a roof.

In the end silver is the right thing to invest in and I believe it will eventually go back up to $50oz but before it does I think it will dip back under $30. I say silver doesn't go over $37 before it starts going back down.

Thats just my two coppers.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I strongly believe, and have for the last year, that silver will pass the highs reached last year, continuing to go up past the election up to December 21, or whatever the end of the world date is. Will likely recede after that, but I agree with $nack-Money that it may continue if Obama gets re-elected.

How high it actually goes is the key. Personally, I thought it would keep going past $50 last year, so take my advice with a grain of salt...

kvilleification

Jan 4, 2012
Mid-Atlantic US
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I personally believe that it can either go way up, or sink like a rock. I know most people out there think that silver is going to reach new highs, maybe even $100 an ounce or more. But I do want to point out a couple of things which could impact silver in the long run.

1) Kodak went bankrupt. According to their 3/13/2000 10-K filing with the SEC [http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/srch-edgar?Eastman+Kodak], they were "THE" largest consumer of silver in the world. So there is going to be much less demand for silver now that they are done.

2) Silver seems to be becoming a bubble. [http://wclark.beforeitsnews.com/story/1603/825/Did_The_Silver_Bubble_Burst.html]. Another interesting article that I have read. Similar to the one with the Nickels which I posted a few weeks ago. It looks like a bubble and is set to burst. Who knows :dontknow:

3) Everything is getting smaller to the point that most stuff will be done wireless. This will obviously affect silver somewhat but will definitely affect copper much more.

I do realize that there is increasing demand for silver coins now that people are freaked out about the financial situation in the world. It seems to be increasing exponentially while the world reserves of silver are critically low. But again I'm not saying it WILL go up or down. But if the price breaks around $27, then there is a good chance that the bottom will fall out and we will see prices in the teens. If it breaks like $40-45, then it will probably go past $50 and the sky is the limit.

This is my opinion, so it's neither right or wrong. I'm just annoyed that all I see are people, especially on youtube, calling for silver to be over $100 while ignoring some of the things which could negatively affect the price.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I think we are going to see another run up on silver prices.

I still think that silver will hit $100 before we know it.

All of this is just an opinion.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
The USD is a ticking time bomb. When interest rates finally begin to rise despite all the efforts of the Fed there will be a currency & bond market crisis that will leave most people in this country that still have their wealth in USD denominated assets virtually or completely broke. The ultimate price of silver & gold just depends on how low the USD ultimately goes.

I'd be surprised if silver prices aren't at all time highs again within the next year or so and personally I plan on keeping all my silver for the long term and I don't expect to be selling any again until prices are well in to the triple digits. :)

H$H

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
N8 , another interesting thread ! I do believe that precious metals will continue a slow upward
trend , primarily because Bernanke and the fed will continue with "QE- 4 " and more, in an effort
to prop up the economy by printing federal reserve notes . I believe that since "the gold train has
left the station " in terms of the common man or woman being able to afford it (@ 1770-oz.)
silver is now the entryway for the small precious metals investor . Silver at under $40. oz. - i
consider buyable as a small percentage of my income for the week or month . If I make $500.
this week , I want to buy $50. or so of -either 90% or fine silver . Of course i will continue to
CRH as much as possible in a given week / month ! I believe in "buy and hold " and CRH and
hold - only sell if you must !-( sell 40% ers - and upgrade into 90%ers or fine silver ).
Argentium.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
N8, what is your purpose in asking? Are you wondering how long to hold on to your existing silver, or are you contemplating buying more (as I am)?

Texas silverbug

Jan 11, 2012
Just plain lost.
Primary Interest:
Other
I watch the prices daily and have purchased at 18.00 and then as high as 32.00. I am a stacker and know in the future when it is time for retirement I will have something worth more than the 'fiat' we use each day. I watched the price do a double bottom at 26.00 and bought 25oz, and then felt secure when it bottomed again at 29.00 and bought another 25oz. Now it is at 34.00 and I believe it will reach as high as 55.00-60.00 this year. All I buy, or find in my CRH stays in the safe and is simply added security to my future of asking little old ladys if they would like a shopping cart. :D
Now as for your question. Unless you absolutely need the money, just keep stacking. JMO :dontknow:
Happy hunting
GG

OP
OP
n8dagr8345

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
My purpose is really non existent. I am just curious on what you all think. I am not going to sell or buy off of a speculation from a person with limited knowledge. If I had a purpose it is thatI am more curious what you all may predict of silver in the future. Do we feel it will continue to rise, or that in 30 years(when I aim to retire) silver will be doing the same dance its doing today,. Fluctuating around 20 - 40 dollars.
n8

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
I CRH because of the future of Silver prices.

The precious metals are among the very best things you can buy or collect in order to save the value of your money.

This is one area in which I deeply disagree with Dave Ramsey.

A 1964 Dime is now worth 25 times what it was in 1964 because the money in the banks and your pockets in worth less than 1/25 what is was in 1964.

With all the funny money being printed, this trend will not only continue but ACCELERATE !

In addition to this, we have already reached peak silver and gold production, and there are already shortages of silver and gold DUE TO ARTIFICIAL PRICE SUPPRESSION in the markets.

I am 56 and expect to see $500 silver before I die.

That's why I Keep on Rollin' !

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kvilleification said:
Well, I personally believe that it can either go way up, or sink like a rock. I know most people out there think that silver is going to reach new highs, maybe even $100 an ounce or more. But I do want to point out a couple of things which could impact silver in the long run.

1) Kodak went bankrupt. According to their 3/13/2000 10-K filing with the SEC [http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/srch-edgar?Eastman+Kodak], they were "THE" largest consumer of silver in the world. So there is going to be much less demand for silver now that they are done.

2) Silver seems to be becoming a bubble. [http://wclark.beforeitsnews.com/story/1603/825/Did_The_Silver_Bubble_Burst.html]. Another interesting article that I have read. Similar to the one with the Nickels which I posted a few weeks ago. It looks like a bubble and is set to burst. Who knows :dontknow:

3) Everything is getting smaller to the point that most stuff will be done wireless. This will obviously affect silver somewhat but will definitely affect copper much more.

I do realize that there is increasing demand for silver coins now that people are freaked out about the financial situation in the world. It seems to be increasing exponentially while the world reserves of silver are critically low. But again I'm not saying it WILL go up or down. But if the price breaks around $27, then there is a good chance that the bottom will fall out and we will see prices in the teens. If it breaks like $40-45, then it will probably go past $50 and the sky is the limit.

This is my opinion, so it's neither right or wrong. I'm just annoyed that all I see are people, especially on youtube, calling for silver to be over $100 while ignoring some of the things which could negatively affect the price.

well were to begin...i guess Ill start were you ended. Maybe there is a reson everybody is calling for $100 silver... because it should be...I guess i will fisrt start with history. The "coin act" of 1792 established a 15 to 1 ratio which was later lowered to 16 to 1 ratio which was our first example in this country of devaluation of our dollar. i have included a link below so you can read up on our great countries history. So the only negative thing affecting the price is short selling of silver etf's and i would bet money naked short selling big time. Im not going to explain all that but would encourage you not to take my word for it and do your own homework.

funny you should mention kodak and wireless, because the effects of each are reverse. yes kodak and film development will in the short term decrease commercial use but because of wireless and the gadget world we live in industrial demand will be right back up. because you see the tablet i'm typing on, the notebook your reading this on, and the smart phone that all of us use to check the markets on...All have minute amounts of silver that is not cost effective to reclaim. So unlike gold, silvers true supply deminishes each year. Fact, silver is the most conductive metal for electricity. Fact, silver is the only pm that has a anti-bacterial property.

On the whole bubble thing, all i can tell you is read more. I think ted butler said that it was only in low single digit percentage of americans that own pm's....thats not bubble. And if your not familiar with ted butler..please do so. The truth is though silver is a very small market, and the takedown in May 2011 of silver price was clear manipulation. But the only people that got out was big investor money, and market players. i live in a town of half a million and visit several shops on a regular basis and from march last year to now...a lot more people are visiting the shops now. I read somwhere that silver coin sales had its best jan ever i think... i may be wrong on that one, but it was something significant like that.

Anywho i'm not picking on you personally:) but felt it neccessary to set the record straight. Now with the chicom wanna be's in power all bets are off in my opinion. But in my personal opinion this will be like a buddy of mine, that is grandad was fortunate and smart enough to have money to buy land in the great depression for cheap. That wise move has paid dividends for generations of his family. i might be wrong but i see silver beeing that similar type of opportunity now. But dont take mine or anybody else's word. do your own homework. there are so many talking heads out there that a lot are full of it :thumbsup:

http://www.constitution.org/uslaw/coinage1792.txt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions