Was it a good road trip? Wasnt it? Hard to say.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Went out on the 'Road Trip' today.

Bank 1 didnt have a whole lot handy, some CWR Nickels, Dimes and Quarters, a box of dimes and a box of quarters. The CWR's didnt produce. The Quarters I thought would produce when I came across one roll but it failed me. I ended up with a 1975 Canadian Quarter and a baseball token of some sort.

IMAG0545.jpg

IMAG0546.jpg

Next came the Dimes from Bank 1. I made it through the first 4 layers from Brinks without anything of interest. Second to last roll came this pretty sight. I was fully expecting a Canadian coin with my luck but instead came my first Silver Proof, 1992 S. Not in the greatest of conditions but I will take it.

IMAG0547.jpg

IMAG0548.jpg

I do a dump and hit up bank #2, Grab a box of Quarters, Dimes and Nickels. Search the Quarters and find nothing, Search the dimes and find a 1949 Rosie if I recall correctly. I go do a dump and the coin counter comes up with $745.11. I give the teller a look of disgust and she asks if the count is off and I say yes it is, its off by $4.90 and where did the penny come from? She double checked the machine and says that is the count it gave her. I think Brinks funked me but the teller holds the reject foreign coins for me, she hands me a 1985 Canadian Quarter, 1964 Canadian Penny and a 1968 Canadian Quarter so I got free silver from the bank :D I doesnt match the $5 I lost bit it recoups some and I am sure in the long run it will pay out for me. She was real apologetic but I assured her it was most likely a shorted box and not her fault.

Went to bank 3 to get dimes, quarters and nickels but since I am not a member they would only give me a box of nickels. Almost finished with box #1 and no Wars of Buffalo.

On a side note. I have 3 banks ordering me halves up there. I will get 2 boxes each from 2 of them on Wednesday ( total of 8 for that week ) and the following week I will have all 3 getting me 2 boxes each. Great thing is, 2 of the branches are getting from the same supply that magic box of mine came from so hopefully it pays off. Another branch is String Boxes so hopefully they pay off as well.

In the long run, $6 in gas and a $5 roll of dimes vanishing for less than a quarter ounce of silver but the potential of much much more.

Ill add more later if anything good comes out of this other box of nickels. I really want more war nickels.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
The_EE

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL! Even the 1968 Quarter was a disapointment, its not silver, it doesnt weight enough.

Sigh...

Almost half way through the second box of nickels, got one light press error and a token of some sort, nother else to speak of as of yet.

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Its important to remember they can't all be winners. Best of luck with the next ones.

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
I feel your pain there.
I must have found 15 Canadian dimes today..
Some i knew right off the bat weren't silver..but a few got my hopes up..
lol

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The_EE said:
LOL! Even the 1968 Quarter was a disapointment, its not silver, it doesnt weight enough.

Sigh...

Almost half way through the second box of nickels, got one light press error and a token of some sort, nother else to speak of as of yet.

Although you may be able to test 1968 Canadian coins by weight (I don't recall if there is a difference), the more common test is to check if the coins are magnetic. The non-silver ones will stick to the magnet, whereas the silvers ones will not.

TCOZY13

Aug 10, 2011
OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you have fun/relax a bit? If so i'd still say it was a success. O and the potential connections could pay off big time later. Good luck!

OP
OP
The_EE

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
TCOZY13 said:
Did you have fun/relax a bit? If so i'd still say it was a success. O and the potential connections could pay off big time later. Good luck!

CRHing from the car wears me out. Not the biggest car, not the most room and I am in a hurry. Its more fun from home but I dont have the funds to buy $3000 at one time and search from here. It also removes my dump banks from me if I drive the 30 miles back home.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread