Silver prices

$nack-Money

Jul 16, 2011
yes, $19 silver coming soon... then $10 silver soon after that. Time to dump and run quickly

LOL! I post similar messages on my other silver boards just to get a rise out of you guys. I dont really believe we'll see $19 any time soon. $26 or so maybe, but no lower. I would bet that we'll see $50 silver before we'll see $19 again.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had a craigslist ad running buying silver at 20x face. It has been flagged, sometimes within an hour. I keep reposting it. I don't care. Eventually people will get tired of flagging it because I'm offering more than them, or I will get tired of trying. But I'm not just going to give up easily...

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
minkybodl said:
I would never sell any silver now but I would buy more at any price from here on down. I sold some that I bought at 8, 12, and 16 when it was in the 40's and I bought some coins, (ASE's, Mapleleafs, and Pandas) when it was in the 40's. I like my Pandas and Canadian Wildlife Series, at least I did when it was Wolves, Bears, and Cougars but not so much as the Moose, Deer, and Bison. I will get the last three real soon now. I don't know why anyone who does CRH would buy American silver coins when they can still be found for face value, maybe the Morgan or Peace or certain hard to find coins but not just more bulk spot silver. If the price goes down below 20 I will start buying 10 oz bars again all the way down as low as it will go.

The stock market is a shell game which with naked shorting came be driven any way the big boys want it to go. The company that owns and controls the issuance of stocks is the Federal Reserve so stocks are just like money they can print as much as they want any time they want. They (FR) also control the commodities market but there they must at least sometime produce the things such as PM that they have over sold. JMHO, this country will never get better without first going bust because they are making the US broke on purpose and silver and gold are one of the few things which will have value when it does happen. Everyday your Government sells you and your children deeper into slavery, feeds you nonsense that you believe is true on TV and in the newspapers, and one by one they take away every last right that good men and women bled and died to give us.

As Jefferson said.
Quotation: "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

We don't have private banks issuing money - that was last century. Only the government issues money anymore.

Your understanding of public companies and the fed are incorrect. The fed is not a company and has absolutely nothing to do with the issuance of stock etc etc.

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
We don't have private banks issuing money - that was last century. Only the government issues money anymore.

Your understanding of public companies and the fed are incorrect. The fed is not a company and has absolutely nothing to do with the issuance of stock etc etc.

The Federal Reserve is a private bank. The Treasury prints the money and then gives it to the Fed who charge us interest on our own money so no the Government does not issue the money the Fed does through their own banks which then lend it to our Public Banks at what ever interest they feel like charging. The list of private owners of the Federal Reserve is available.

The Fed does have control of stocks by owning and controlling the company that is responsible for the accounting of the "real" number of outstanding shares of the private companies that are available to the market makers.

This open CRH forum really isn't the place for this kind of information to be argued, if you want PM me we can continue this discussion.

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
doesn't matter if silver drops back to $5/oz (won't happen), because we will see silver prices over $100/oz + in our lifetime.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
doesn't matter if silver drops back to $5/oz (won't happen), because we will see silver prices over $100/oz + in our lifetime.

God I would just faint if silver went to 100 an ounce, even if it was for one day. i would like to see what people's responses would be. I mean people around here went nuts when silver shot up to 50 dollars for one day. They were selling left and right of me. Silver's was going up. But right now as I type this it is at 28.60 an ounce. Man, decisions, decisions. I could either buy 2 boxes of dimes and 4 boxes of nickels or I could get a large amount of silver now. ::groans:: I hate making this kinda decisions. (LMAO!!)

Hugs and Smiles,
Garoulady

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I would personally like to see the total collapse in the price of silver. While folks who have invested in ASE would not like this. If the price of silver went to $8, $6 or even $2 oz. Many people would just dump there collection and the stockpiles in the wild would be replenished as a result.

Alas I fear the opposite is more likely. When the Fed is no longer artificially distorting interest rate and all the funny money they have put out buying debt really takes effect silver, gold and commodities in general have but one direction to go and I do fear it will not be fun to watch.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL I am getting into a huge argument on the CL forums because my posts are getting flagged.

They have decided as a group, that since I don't want one SINGLE silver coin, but several, and that my idea is to buy them now and hold for a future profit, that I am a dealer.

If I wanted one coin, and didn't ever want to sell it, that would be OK.

I should instead, offer it as a service to buy coins.

Apparently, asking for a roll of dimes, under the pretense of saving it for an increase in value, makes me a dealer, and at that, a coin shop.

So, let me get this straight: using this logic, I should buy a bedroom set by placing individual want ads for the frame, the dresser, and the nightstands, and then, when I'm done, make sure to sell it for less than I paid for it so I'm not a business person? :laughing7:

It's sadly frightening to see how dumb the general population can be.

I'll keep at it for hours. They're pretty obnoxious and stubborn.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
God I would just faint if silver went to 100 an ounce, even if it was for one day. i would like to see what people's responses would be. I mean people around here went nuts when silver shot up to 50 dollars for one day. They were selling left and right of me. Silver's was going up. But right now as I type this it is at 28.60 an ounce. Man, decisions, decisions. I could either buy 2 boxes of dimes and 4 boxes of nickels or I could get a large amount of silver now. ::groans:: I hate making this kinda decisions. (LMAO!!)

Hugs and Smiles,
Garoulady

Silver wont sky rocket over night, not unless something major happens. You can buy your dimes and nickels now and just keep an eye on the market. Hell, I have a KITCO app that I use to keep an eye on the prices, a 20 or even 50 cent increase isnt going to make too much of a difference if it takes you a day to get rid of the clad.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL I am getting into a huge argument on the CL forums because my posts are getting flagged.

They have decided as a group, that since I don't want one SINGLE silver coin, but several, and that my idea is to buy them now and hold for a future profit, that I am a dealer.

If I wanted one coin, and didn't ever want to sell it, that would be OK.

I should instead, offer it as a service to buy coins.

Apparently, asking for a roll of dimes, under the pretense of saving it for an increase in value, makes me a dealer, and at that, a coin shop.

So, let me get this straight: using this logic, I should buy a bedroom set by placing individual want ads for the frame, the dresser, and the nightstands, and then, when I'm done, make sure to sell it for less than I paid for it so I'm not a business person? :laughing7:

It's sadly frightening to see how dumb the general population can be.

I'll keep at it for hours. They're pretty obnoxious and stubborn.

CL Forum? What's that? (Feeling like a newbie here)

Sincerely, Garoulady

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cl is Craigslist not sure how the forums work. Maybe the rants and raves section?

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cl is Craigslist not sure how the forums work. Maybe the rants and raves section?

My post wanting to buy coins was getting flagged for removal constantly.

I went to their help forum to try and explain what was going on and it is like monkeys with bureaucratic license over there.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe I'm misunderstanding.

Why not "wanted silver Coin" when someone emails and asks what coin you want ,

say "all you Got" :laughing7:

I've heard "silver Coin" used singular & plural

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That might be a way...

I just don't want to have to fill out LLC paperwork to buy a roll of dimes off of a free service website :BangHead:

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got back back from the LCS - I got 5 ASE, including the keydate 2006 for 31 each.

keep the prices low, and let me stack some more.

Also...my huge road trip south yielded 10 40%ers from 1500 bought. 120 miles drove - ouch!

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put an add up something like: "Wanted silver coins, Morgans for sale"

Then I offer the morgans for an outrageous price because I don't want to sell them and tell them to contact me if they are interested in selling any 90%. That way they can't say I am posting "wanted" ad's in the "for sale" section. Still get flagged, but not nearly as frequently

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just picked up a bunch of 90% mixed quarters, dimes (merc & roosie), and wl/64/BF halves all at 20x face. He had alot more 64's but I was tapped out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread