Silver Quarter in the Cafeteria

gilgar

Mar 18, 2009
A Little South of Heaven
Detector(s) used
Garrett Treasure Ace 300
The cashier at work has noticed me checking out coins in the past, so she gives me old ones she finds every once in awhile. It's usually wheaties except for one buffalo nickel, until today. She said she had one for me and I was waiting for her to dig out the usual wheatie when she pulls out a quarter and I could tell right away it was silver--turns out it was a 1948.

I had just had one of my best coinstar finds last night (2 dimes, 7 pennies, two 2 pfennigs, two 5 pfennigs, 7 UK pennies & and canadian penny) but was mildly grumbling to myself that I never find coinstar silver and then I got the quarter from her today :hello2:.

Upvote 2

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! You even have people doing the hunting for you!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool!...I remember when i was in Middle school the Lunch lady showed me that someone there would pay with Ikes almost everyday...nothing to do with your story....it just reminded me of that :P

Great Avatar....It reminds me of something ive seen before :tongue3:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's wonderful ! I have fond memories of finding the occasional silver coin in the junior high school cafeteria in Helena ,Montana as
a 12 or 13 year old coin collector . We would often find a Canadian silver being that close to Canada .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread