Silver Ring find/old or not?

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Ok, I didn't find this today, I found a few months ago, but never got around to photographing it. It's the only ring I've ever found. It has no markings of any kind inside or out, but is clearly silver and gave me a silver reading. Can't get any clearer of a photo. It has "bird wings" on either side of the purplish stone. Any ideas if this is older or newer? (Found in the area of a current college that used to be the border of an old amusement park. Found six silver coins dating to 1906 --Barber Half--within about 75 yards, but not sure if this ring is from the amusement park era or newer era.)

Attachments

• tn_ring.jpg
    tn_ring.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 380
Upvote 0

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Cool ring Bergie!, I would think if it's not stamped it's not silver, but I am far from an expert and dont know when they started stamping silver. Any idea what the stone may be?. Good luck in your quest!

kenb

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Bergie, the stamp may have been cut out if ring was resized. Taking a guess that stone is domed amethyst probably from mid to late 70's. Congratulations and HH

G

giterdone

Nice ring. As for the stamp, I have an old silver ring, the "Sterling" is barely visible under magnification from wear. Could be yours is just worn off. Giterdone

searcher

Oct 4, 2004
Hill Country TEXAS
Detector(s) used
White's. Old, yellow but still waterproof!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i've seen rings that were so worn the stamp ws completely gone. i know it was sterling 'cause i had seen the stamp years before.
nice ring, i haven't found any rings yet. not looking in the right place i guess...?
searcher

OnionRings

Dec 15, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Bergie,

The ring is hard to see but your description sounds like it could be old. If you could post a clearer pic it might be easier to give you better answer.

Onion

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well I cannot tell from your picture but some really old silver was not marked. In fact it was fake silver that forced laws to be passed that jewelry be clearly marked. Looks like a logo from an egyptian ancient mystery org. Most likely last 50 years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread