Silver ring

TrinityBigfoot

Aug 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Gold Bug II, Whites TRX Pointpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to metal detecting. Last month I bought a V3i and have been trying to learn it. Last weekend I started using the preset high trash program. This has resulted in much more productive outings for me. I'm guessing this results in many good items being left behind. Today I was working in a old park that likely has been checked over multiple times. I cleared about half the park resulting in $1.36 in modern coins. I decided to move away from the area that I had been working in a grid. As I made it about 20 feet I got the shortest signal of about 86. The screen quickly cleared and showed nothing. I repeated this a few times and thought that it most be a junk target. I decided to dig it anyway. About a inch down I noticed the edge of what looked like a pull tab, I pulled it and much to my surprise it was a ring. It looks to be silver and air testing goes from 80-90.

Attachments

• image-1673337389.jpg
    image-1673337389.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 102
  • image-3582706694.jpg
    image-3582706694.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 100
Upvote 1

CREEKGEEK

Oct 18, 2012
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Explorer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the ring. Give it time, learn your machine and do some research and the finds will come. I have been detecting about 4 years and im on my fifth detector. It wasnt until the past few months when i started making some good finds. Go to where the history is and learn your machine. Good luck!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread