SILVER SABRE SAVES THE DAY - AGAIN!!!

D

dugupfinds

This weekend was my rest weekend. I went fishing for Tench yesterday from 04:00 until 18:00 & caught nothing. I had purposely left my Cortes locked up at my Dads house so as not to be tempted & to give my back some recovery time.

However not wanting to go fishing again, I got out the Silver Sabre (justified it to myself by saying "its lighter & only for 1-2 hrs"). I went to visit my other half who was looking after our horse. I had already done all the paddocks with the Cortes in nice wet conditions but thought it must be worth ago.

It was dry hard ground & I had to take my T-shirt off as the sun was burning hot. Not great for digging but in a really trashy area amounst the foil, I found my first French 5 Franc 1945. First year they were Aluminium. (another reason I may have left it with the Cortes)

Also dug a SILVER whatzit & a marble.

I only did 2 hours, so I was happy with what I got. Shows that, how ever good the machine you still miss stuff.

Attachments

• bits.jpg
    bits.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 545
Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A day 5 Franc'n is alway's better than a bad day fishin'.....Congrat's Dug.....HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread