Silver sniped before my eyes!

red89

Feb 28, 2012
'Murica
Primary Interest:
Other
Saw a silver half in a teller tray along with about 10 clad halves so I asked to buy them all. She picked them up pulled out the silver and was going to hand me just the clad. It was a Walking Liberty half in pretty good shape....would have been my first walker found CRHing but she "reserved" it for herself...

Anyway, found 2 other 40%ers today, one from about 300 MWRs and another from a teller tray (different bank than the one that had the walker). I am 3 40%ers away from hitting 50 this year already my goal is 150 40%ers by the end of the year (plus 20 90%ers and at least a few of those being walking liberties.)

Oh well, at least my skunk streak was broken for halves finally, it's been 4-ish weeks since I have found a silver half. Any day finding silver is a good day...even if you got silver sniped I guess haha.

Upvote 0

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try to look at it from the tellers point of view , they are working for chicken scratch - somebody comes in and lays a little silver on them - it feels like
a treat to them - they very often are young mothers , maybe single mom's at that - let them enjoy a treat ! I had this exact scenario play out in front
of me yesterday - I went to a bank to pick up a single box of halves - I spotted a silver dime and three silver quarters in the teller tray - asked if i could
purchase them , she politely told me that she was saving them because they are silver -I was disappointed to be sure , but I just asked her if from now
on she would put them in her teller drawer and spare us (client/ collectors) the pain of rejection . To her credit she said she had some partial silvers that
she would sell me - picked up two 40%ers for a buck ! and 4 more in my box . Let the tellers win too - it's a win win for all ! Argentium.

It is not that they have the ability and time to cherry pick silver, it is they choose to do it in front of the customers. That is what gets my ire up. Do it when
there is nobody in line or you are on your lunch break. Keep all silver you have plucked from the hands of the banking Gods in your own drawer, not out where
everybody can see it because sure as it rains kittens, somebody is going to ask for it and get the same type of BS reply.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread