Silver storage, Anybody bury their stash or some of it?

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, so some who know whats really going to happen or allready happening may have the same idea as me ( and others) but, I've been trying to figure out a good way to bury some of my Silver, a lot of my extra is in glass instant coffee containers with plastic lids right now, but can be transferred to something else. I have thought about a box of some sort to put the containers in, but don't want it to get filled up with water from being under the ground. Those who don't know, if you are taken out of your home, or for what ever reason have to leave it you will not be able to take your stash with you ( no way I could carry mine) just some in your bug out bag, you will know were your money is and can come back to your spot and get it later when things are stable again, ( I'm not burying it at my house, hint hint clue clue), things may never get out of hand ( right....) but if they do, I just want to be ready. I could go on but, this isn't the "Prepper" forum, I'll take some suggestions from some of you that do this, or have thought about burying your CRHing finds. HH, Maverick.

Upvote 0

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have nearly enough silver to require burying or safekeeping my stash. Yet. I am curious to hear more on what others are thinking on this topic. I have plenty of good hiding spots in mind though.

rjsupersonic

Aug 5, 2011
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark /10.5 Fisher F75LTD, X-Terra 705 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw some silver recovered that was in PVC pipe sealed at both ends...that stuff last for a long time and would be water proof if done right .....

68MUDSTUD

Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been thinking about it. I am going to build my own "treasure Chest", to put my coin in. Before I die, I'm going to build a stonehenge like monument that will make people ask "What the F..." My clue to where my treasure is buried will be built into my stonehenge-esqe monument.

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, PVC pipe is the new treasure chest. You just cap both ends with the sealant and it's air-tight, water-tight, and hard for a metal detector to find.

Of course, this is how stuff gets lost forever. Many people have forgotten about their own buried treasure or died too suddenly to tell family exactly where to find it.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, I'm liking the PVC thing, never though of that. The right people know were it will be in the event that I die or am detained or any such scenario were to take place.

OtlFrutiger

Apr 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I've been starting to wonder about this too. My last trip to the bank safe deposit box was an indication that it was time to start thinking about a change. My box is practically full and the tellers won't even try to get it out of the vault by themselves anymore! It's probably not a good idea to have that many eggs in one basket :-)

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, I've been starting to wonder about this too. My last trip to the bank safe deposit box was an indication that it was time to start thinking about a change. My box is practically full and the tellers won't even try to get it out of the vault by themselves anymore! It's probably not a good idea to have that many eggs in one basket :-)

I'll just say this, if anyone thinks that they will get a warning that they better come and get there stuff out of the banks, HA HA HA HA HA, not going to happen, you will not have time to get it, look what just happened at Cyprus..... HH, Maverick.

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess it's hard to to do anything with your Silver when you really don't hold or own it though huh.....

LOL! He probably has an armed guard just for his silver collection.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good discussion.

I have been trying to think of reasons why silver price is dropping, with demand being high, and supply being low... It makes no sense... One hypothesis of mine, is confiscation down the road...

Same with what is happening in China, with the govt encouraging their slaves to purchase gold/silver... I think that will lead to confiscation as well...

Only time will tell...

Have you heard the saying about burying guns? It doesnt exactly translate to silver, but maybe it could...

If you think its time to bury your guns, its really time to use them.

HH all

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought they stopped making coin holders out of PVC stuff because it corroded coins or something? Maybe slide your glass jars full of coins into a pvc sleeve? Also don't bury it all in one spot but in several different locations incase your spot gets blocked off for some reason.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I guess it's hard to to do anything with your Silver when you really don't hold or own it though huh.....

Online silver is like fake silver. Fake silver, fake moderately sized brokerage firm, fake profile, fake fake fake.....

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I thought they stopped making coin holders out of PVC stuff because it corroded coins or something? Maybe slide your glass jars full of coins into a pvc sleeve? Also don't bury it all in one spot but in several different locations incase your spot gets blocked off for some reason.

Yup, I forgot that pvc was bad for the coins, good idea on sliding the glass jars into it though, way ahead of ya on the different spots, been thinking about this for sometime now. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Good discussion.

I have been trying to think of reasons why silver price is dropping, with demand being high, and supply being low... It makes no sense... One hypothesis of mine, is confiscation down the road...

Same with what is happening in China, with the govt encouraging their slaves to purchase gold/silver... I think that will lead to confiscation as well...

Only time will tell...

Have you heard the saying about burying guns? It doesnt exactly translate to silver, but maybe it could...

If you think its time to bury your guns, its really time to use them.

HH all

Hhhmm, never thought of tossing a cheap little gun in with the stash, good idea Info.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread