Silver Trifecta and token found at Omaha home

Diggitdaddy

Mar 7, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, White DFX, Fisher F4, White V3i, Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, I dont usually post here unless its something special, but this qualifies in my book lol. After 9 years in the hobby, I finally dug a silver find from one hole...quarter, dime and nickel. A pocket spill ! And a streetcar token from days gone by in Omaha, dates around 1950. Found in a lawn of a 1920s period home...what a great hobby !

Attachments

• trifecta.jpg
    trifecta.jpg
    481.8 KB · Views: 129
  • streetcar token.jpg
    streetcar token.jpg
    483.4 KB · Views: 82
Upvote 23

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the silver! But, I really love the token. Can you post a picture of the reverse?

aj

OP
OP
Diggitdaddy

Diggitdaddy

Mar 7, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, will get a reverse picture on here. Its actually a fare for a child. The streetcars here in Omaha ran from 1880s til 1955. Thanks ajaj !

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, will get a reverse picture on here. Its actually a fare for a child. The streetcars here in Omaha ran from 1880s til 1955. Thanks ajaj !

Cool. I really like the older transportation tokens for some reason. Maybe because smart phones and plastic are the methods today. Come to think of it, I think the word “older” above is redundant!

aj

CrankyBuzzard

Jul 6, 2020
North Texas USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max and White's Spectra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A coin spill find is always cool, but silver makes it even better, and when it’s your FIRST silver find, that’s just bada$$. That token is also pretty sweet. You should be able to date it with some research.

thursdaythunder

Aug 13, 2019
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold / AT Pro / Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome, congratulations! Love the silver pocket spill & Tokey :icon_thumleft:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet silver! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Diggitdaddy

Diggitdaddy

Mar 7, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea it was my first hole ever dug with more than one silver. Here in Omaha, most parks are picked thru years ago...home sites are the best hunting. Was doing some reading in my redbook coin book...the standing liberty quarters were known to lose their dates and be wiped early in their circulation, as most silver coinage was. But after 1925, they went with a new design where the date was recessed. Am thinking mine is dated 1918-1925, the date is wiped clean...thats my hope lol

OP
OP
Diggitdaddy

Diggitdaddy

Mar 7, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly ajaj. If it was made from plastic or paper, would be long gone by now. To think its 70 years old and looks fairly new, it was made to last. Was someones ticket uptown or home back in the good ol days...Will get the reverse on here too been real busy last 2 days. Unfortunately with work and not with metal detecting !

OP
OP
Diggitdaddy

Diggitdaddy

Mar 7, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The token dates from 1948 to 1955 according to research done by my archeological team...my 2 college age kids :) Omaha actually was 2nd in the nation to San Francisco in terms of streetcar usage. Thanks for the comment CrankyBuzzard !

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A silver spill and it includes an SLQ- just awesome- Congrats!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Mercury shows very little wear on the wings. The silver spill probably happened in 45 or 46. Congrats on a nice Silver spill.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the 4 nice finds. That is a pretty good pocket spill. Like the token also.

OP
OP
Diggitdaddy

Diggitdaddy

Mar 7, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First SLQ have ever dug. To date have never dug a washington quarter lol. The SLQ is even better though ! I imagine you dig up quite a bit of old coins there in MA. That state was around a good 200 years before Nebraska was founded

OP
OP
Diggitdaddy

Diggitdaddy

Mar 7, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good observation against the wind...yes no doubt around that time. Bob Seger has been one of my favs for a long time. About 5 years ago there was a radio contest, who was better...Springsteen or Seger. I voted for Seger. His songs are more lasting. If I never get another pocket spill silver...its ok. Only need one :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread