Silver Washington, two silver Rosies, silver religious medalian, back at the lake

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up the skiff from the mechanic yesterday, finally got to take her out after lunch on her maiden voyage on the "lake" I have been eyeballing a island thinking it would be virgin. Found a 1957 D Washington Quarter, 1952 D Rosie along with a 1946 Rosie. A silver and a brass catholic religious medallions. Couple of wheats, 1951 and a 1935 and a old 1939 Jefferson Nickel. My skin is like leather, I'm a tan man! The boat ran great, the spot was good, nice relaxing day in the water, I love this water hunting.
Enjoy the pix, HH & GL
Brad

Attachments

• SAM_0752.JPG
    SAM_0752.JPG
    599.6 KB · Views: 180
  • SAM_0753.JPG
    SAM_0753.JPG
    568.7 KB · Views: 167
  • SAM_0754.JPG
    SAM_0754.JPG
    537.2 KB · Views: 186
Upvote 12

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I told you brother Brad .... These islands are where it's at. Great day buddy

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I told you brother Brad .... These islands are where it's at. Great day buddy
I'm running out of warm days, I have a few good ideas on where I might find some colonial silver, its hard, my lake is just a mile from me, very temping knowing there is silver there. Too bad its not 1700's I will try that other spot soon, might even be tomorrow.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up the skiff from the mechanic yesterday, finally got to take her out after lunch on her maiden voyage on the "lake" I have been eyeballing a island thinking it would be virgin. Found a 1957 D Washington Quarter, 1952 D Rosie along with a 1946 Rosie. A silver and a brass catholic religious medallions. Couple of wheats, 1951 and a 1935 and a old 1939 Jefferson Nickel. My skin is like leather, I'm a tan man! The boat ran great, the spot was good, nice relaxing day in the water, I love this water hunting.
Enjoy the pix, HH & GL
Brad

Great hunt Brad...Now go find some spanish silver like Abe!!!!!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice amount of silver! Nice work captain Brad lol

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's my boat

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ForumRunner_20140819_195221.png

ForumRunner_20140819_195259.png

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok I take back that statement on the other thread about dropping silver off your pier.....you have enough! Congrats on getting the boat going too.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs and thanks for those pics

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I take back that statement on the other thread about dropping silver off your pier.....you have enough! Congrats on getting the boat going too.

That lake is like a silver mine!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
gotta work it while you can before it gets cold again, the boat working now should be all you need for even better finds. congrats and kill the islands

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You babies we hunt in Maine when it's -20! Pick axes and shovels. It turns 50 and you guys are hibernating for the winter lol

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You babies we hunt in Maine when it's -20! Pick axes and shovels. It turns 50 and you guys are hibernating for the winter lol

Don't start talking tuff , those two in nova Scotia are the real deal. If it's 50 out your not catching me in chest deep water I was in today. Those two fishermen were making me cold reading about it last Feb

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't start talking tuff , those two in nova Scotia are the real deal. If it's 50 out your not catching me in chest deep water I was in today. Those two fishermen were making me cold reading about it last Feb
They're smart! They stay next to the salt water which is always much warmer. I spent a winter working on an island in the middle of the ocean and it's about 15-20 warmer than the mainland. If you had the history they do you might be out there freezing your ass off too :-)

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're smart! They stay next to the salt water which is always much warmer. I spent a winter working on an island in the middle of the ocean and it's about 15-20 warmer than the mainland. If you had the history they do you might be out there freezing your ass off too :-)

Im a fair weather hunter!! Calm winds and following seas baby...Thats the way I roll...

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Spend some of that treasure and buy yourself a decent quality wet suit. Fantastic finds by the way. Now you have me wondering about some islands on my local lakes.

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
15-20 degrees warmer? I remember it was 6 degrees out with thirty mile an hour winds, You might of been working in it, Hell back when I was working I was in weather like that every winter. Those two were out PLAYING in it! Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Maybe this winter I will be right next to them!!!!!!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice haul Captain Treb. Congrats on the silvers.

I want to see a pic of the 'treasure skiff'... it would be even cooler if you were in it with one of those captain's hats...

Attachments

• captain.jpg
    captain.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 78

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions