Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silverfreak's got a NEW pic...5 Hour hunt gave me LOTS of goodies today

Well niterider_58 and I were supposed to hunt today...but he punked me out. ??? Something called "work" he said. ;D
While he is still waiting on his minelab pro coil which seems to have been on backorder since the summer of '67 ;D ....I'm still cruisin' along with the SEF and 1050. Seriously though..I can't wait for his coil to come in so we can do some side by side comparisons...but heck...I just hope I'm not to old to hunt by the time it gets here. ::)
I ventured to see my parents today and visited a park that still produces after 30 years of poundin'. Problem is that it's about to become "off limits" because other hunters keep leaving holes and NOT filling them in. >:( It sure as heck isn't me...because I only get to hunt there 2 or 3 times each year. I had 2 different town people come up and tell me there have been some people hunting it quite often...and that they were leaving big holes. Because of this...the town is considering passing an ordinance banning detecting. :'( Wonderful....I now may not even be able to hunt my OWN hometown park because people are coming in all the time and NOT filling in their holes. >:( Hey... parks are fair game to anyone...so have a good time ...and good luck hunting. However...if you're going to leave unfilled holes...and mess things up for the rest of us....PLEASE STAY OUT OF MY PARK. >:( >:( >:(
Sorry for venting...but I can't stand it when hunters leave unfilled holes and just toss their trash next to the unfilled hole. It takes about 2 seconds to stick the trash into your pouch...then throw it away at the end of the hunt. I won't even hunt with people who leave the place in worse condition than when we got there. I always do my best to fill my holes in...so I guess I just expect everyone else to try and do the same. I can't tell you how many holes that were left by other hunters...that I stopped to fill. I also lost count of the amount of trash from other hunters that I stuck into my pouch because they had left it next to a messy hole. >:(
Anyway...other than that it was a nice 5 hours with pretty steady ...but deep, iffy signals. I got a SWEET silver pocket spill at 9" which turned out to be a 1919 Merc and a 1914 Barber dime. :thumbsup: The signal really jumped around ...but stayed in the high tone...so I think one of them was on edge.
About 20 minutes later I got another goofy hit...but again it pretty much stayed high tone. The cursor also skipped around the top right for the most part...so I dug. Out popped 2 wheaties. I ran the probe in the hole again...and got a nice very high hit. Out popped the 1942 merc. Two multi coin holes in one hunt...pretty cool. :D
I then came upon a 20 foot section that was full of pulltabs...but they were deep...so I concentrated and listened for anything that peeped. Well...after finishing that 20 foot section...I had 2 1800's injuns in my pouch ...along with a third 1902 injun. :thumbsup:
Plugged along for another couple of hours and popped out a couple more wheaties and the silver roosey...all from 7" to 8".
Right before quitting...I got a sweet high tone bouncer...but the signal stayed sweet all the way around the hole. I dug down about 8" and then ran the probe. I got a solid high squeaker...so dug down another 2" and out popped the 1926 merc from 10" down. :thumbsup: A nice way to end the hunt. I ended up with 5 silver...3 injuns...and a handful of wheaties. I can only hope it isn't the last time I get to hunt the park. Problem is ...when people don't fill in their holes...we all know it ruins it for the rest of us.

Attachments

• coins78.jpg
    coins78.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1,427
Upvote 0

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Re: Silverfreak's got a NEW pic...5 Hour hunt gave me LOTS of goodies today

Bryce, that looks like another fantastic hunt for you, my friend!!
A silver dime trifecta, multiple silver holes, Injuns, wheats.....a little of everything.

I'm real sorry to hear about the potential outcome for detecting at that park next to your parents'. Some detectorists just don't have a clue. If I saw an md'er at a park not filling in their holes, and leaving their trash on the ground, boy would I give them a piece of my mind!!! :angry5: It's a shame that all the md'ers using proper recovery techniques have to take the fall too. >:(

With finds like yours, I'm hoping you'll be able to continue detecting that park. Although pounded, it's still producing for the ones who know how to get them. :thumbsup:

Congrats, buddy!! That's a good avatar for your post....you mean business!!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

civilman1 said:
You'll have these "type" of people Bryce...Unfortunately you can't use those word's here anymore :tard:'s With you behind the SE there's no stopping you anyway.....Excellent group of coinage buddy!! :thumbsup:
Thanks Civ. I appreciate the kind comments. Take care buddy.

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vpone said:
it's the new look harley man !!! looks good buddy !!!

great finds too - there's another barber dime !!!! i cringe everytime i see one now, i still have NEVER found one !!!!

take care

kevin
Thanks Kevin. With the goodies I've seen you pull...you will find a Barber dime soon. Heck I waited 30 years for my first Barber half...then a few weeks ago I found my first and second...I popped 2 of them out just 20 minutes apart.
Good luck hitting the barber...it will come. Take care bro. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Captn_SE said:
Bryce, that looks like another fantastic hunt for you, my friend!!
A silver dime trifecta, multiple silver holes, Injuns, wheats.....a little of everything.

I'm real sorry to hear about the potential outcome for detecting at that park next to your parents'. Some detectorists just don't have a clue. If I saw an md'er at a park not filling in their holes, and leaving their trash on the ground, boy would I give them a piece of my mind!!! :angry5: It's a shame that all the md'ers using proper recovery techniques have to take the fall too. >:(

With finds like yours, I'm hoping you'll be able to continue detecting that park. Although pounded, it's still producing for the ones who know how to get them. :thumbsup:

Congrats, buddy!! That's a good avatar for your post....you mean business!!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan
Thanks Dan. I would love to catch them leaving unfilled holes. We would probably have a little "talk"...if ya' know what I mean ;D...just wouldn't be a whole lot of talkin' :thumbsup:

F

Felinepeachy

Wooooo Hooooo :wav: The silver is really nice and I can't wait to find some myself but I absolutely love IH pennies. They are so pretty and yours have a very nice patina. :thumbsup:

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH

So, looks like you are a tough guy now (new avatar) but where are the shades? . :wink:

You are really hauling the stuff out of those parks down there. IH's are in great shape too. :icon_sunny:

Sorry to hear of the potential ban - that would be very discouraging and make me angry too.

Bob

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

SilverKing :icon_king: SilverJester :icon_jokercolor: SilverRocker :headbang: SilverLover :love7: SilverFreak :toothy4: Dude your a magnet for silver coins man !!! Like a runaway silver bullet freight train :o

Way Ta Go :icon_thumleft: :thumbsup: :icon_thumright:

No more tye - dye ???????? ??? :icon_scratch:

Derek 8)

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other

We had problems like that in our county parks, a bunch of us TH'ers got together and went to a county free-for-all meeting and discussed with them, about the possibility of issuing permits, so that the parks would not be closed. Well, 10 years ago they issued metal detecting permits and only $5.00 a year. I have been out in these parks doing other things with my family and have watched this guy digging holes all over and not refilling them. When he went to his car for a cold beer, I got his plate number, and got ahold of the county cops. They came and started to watch him at my request, well the guy saw the cop and went to his car to leave, the cop pulled him over and started to tell him what he saw him doig, and while the cop was giving him the 3rd. degree, he saw an open cold beer right next to the driver, and busted him for that too. He made the guy go back into the park, fill his holes, even ground hog holes, squirrel holes! Anyways the guy went to jail for the open beer in the car, and was fined $500.00 for the damages, and the cop said " I don't ever want to see you in my park ever again" YeeeeeHaaaaaaw! BTW, nice finds :thumbsup:

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's a real good haul, love the Barbers!
CurbdiggerCarl

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

Yo, big guy, you scored quite a few nice wilvers and Injuns from that park. As long as you're following the code of ethics, it still gives us a good name. :thumbsup:

Now, get back out to that park and ring the scrawny necks of those law breakers...and find us some more goodies.

Kyle

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur

That's a great return for your five hours of hunting! Awesome digs!

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mirage said:
So, looks like you are a tough guy now (new avatar) but where are the shades? . :wink:

You are really hauling the stuff out of those parks down there. IH's are in great shape too. :icon_sunny:

Sorry to hear of the potential ban - that would be very discouraging and make me angry too.

Bob
Thanks Bob. That's me...tough guy ;D. Them days passed a long long time ago. My bouncer days ended about 15 years ago....'bout the same time my knees went bye bye :D

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Colonial Zoyboy said:
Yo, big guy, you scored quite a few nice wilvers and Injuns from that park. As long as you're following the code of ethics, it still gives us a good name. :thumbsup:

Now, get back out to that park and ring the scrawny necks of those law breakers...and find us some more goodies.

Kyle
Thanks Kyle. A litle "neck ringin" sounds mighty fine about now. If I get run out of my own hometown park next time...I might just do a little more than neck ringin' ;D

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other

BELL RINGIN"?

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tymcmurray said:
Wow! I wouldn't have been able to stop
with all of those coins coming out of the ground!!!
I didn't want to...but I didn't want to get run out. Figured I'd try and come back another day.

Goes4ever said:
man you are da man!
Thanks G4

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

halfdime said:
A great hunt!
Thanks HD

Dman said:
Way to go . Super nice finds. I always enjoy digging IH pennies.
Dman
Thanks Dman. Me too. Injuns are fun to dig.

GoldenRoyBoy said:
Hello SF!
We're going to have to begin referring to you as Capt. SEF! :)

Those oldies are really cool! Great job!

Skunks and other critters leave a lot of holes open!
But, they generally walk on four legs. :)

GRB
Thanks GRB. I think a couple of the town people actually took pics of this person(s) as they were leaving the unfilled holes...so I'm sure there will be a problem if the person(s) try to come back.

t-bucket

Bronze Member
Oct 7, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
e-track- Explorer SE explorer 2 -

Bryce,WTG on the finds.The IH look like the ground was good to them.Glad to see you out and having good hunts.I dont know if I will know you when we get to hunt again.I bet you head get cold at night.I know when I shaved mine I like to froze to death.Bet it is a lot cooler now.Have a good one and good luck on your next hunt.If you want to hunt come down and we hit the park we went to.It a big park with a lot of hunting.

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola

I truly envy your draw to the silver, Bryce. You are a gifted researcher and hunter. Those coins would fill out a week for me, you do it in hours.

Congrats.

DM

jraven

Jun 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705

Awesome hunt... Sweet coins!!!!!!!!!! Hey! What happened to the tie dye? :-[ I like the new shirt , but the tie dye looked better on you.... ;D j/k

HH

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

as for a RANT thats cool...

this is why we need to post "junk and iron" more often.....so new guys/girls will see what we dig and clean up...

but I admit when i first started....i had a desire to chuck the junk iron in the bushes till i got a apron.....i now enjoy filling my junk side of my apron, and now look for trash cans nearby at every site...
i always was pretty good about filling my holes.....and a "dirt mat" makes that even easier....
but it is a let down when you even see a squirrel hole...HA HA

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread