simple black glass questions and pics, nothing special

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
im getting hooked on bottle collecting, when i cant get out and find my own i just get them shipped to me;) i recently bought a nice lot of bottles, they came out to about $1.25 each. like i said im getting into this and not even close to knowing what im doing. i know a few basics. well these bottles are nothng fancy. they are my first black glass. both have what appears to be mold seams going all the way around the bottle about 6in up from the base. they are hidden very well. both the tops have been applied on. the tall one has what i think is a pontil mark, a smooth nipple the diameter of a .45 bullet. also has hundreds of small bubbles. the shorter black glass one dips in but there is no nipple. also i have a aqua wine bottle or something. there are a few bubbles. there is a seam right above the base "1/4cm" that circles the bottom of the bottle.on either side, the seams run up right before the top. then on the top "mouth" there are seams exactly on the oposite sides of the seams that run up the bottle. the mouth is also embossed viresa. any pointers on helping me determin the age of these would be appreciated. i have some bottle books, but it is still soo much new knowlege im trying to cram into my head at once. no worries, soon ill hopfully be puting up some kick butt bottles;)
p.s. im sure when you were a kid you would be walking around shooting those old bottles with your bb gun, now your thinking, wow, if only i picked them up and stashed them ;)
p.s.s. i think Jim is gonna be puting a reply in here, so far he is one of the bottle masters of this forum;)

Attachments

• DSCF5553.JPG
    DSCF5553.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 457
  • DSCF5554.JPG
    DSCF5554.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 444
  • DSCF5555.JPG
    DSCF5555.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 438
  • DSCF5550.JPG
    DSCF5550.JPG