Since it's the 23 year anniversary , ill the Todd's story .

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
004.JPG , 388.JPG , 399.JPG , 477.JPG .

Sorry just noticed the title , it should say " Ill tell Todd's story"

OK 1st picture was from last year , & the following 2 were from Dec 2017 .

Then figured i'd add a beautiful Sunset , as tomorrow is not promised.

Well Todd's last days.

I was 22 Y/o and my friends were planning a camping trip to Tallulah Falls aka, Tallulah Gorge St Park.
The Park is in far NE GA & since I climbed down there before I knew just how difficult it was ; Out especially & if carrying gear Real hard.

Well I was on one of my no Drinking 'On the wagon times' & knew that if I went that I would drink '& when I drank I DRANK!!!'

So I stayed behind depressed knowing that my friends were partying.

Todd had a special attachment to that place , I heard he & his Dad would camp & fish there & they were good times before , Todd's ruff teen years started + his Dad had passed a few years prior .

All my friends were having fun , ( one thing a Ranger saw them carrying 4-5 24 packs of Brew down and stated something to the effect of ' with all that somebody might not come out alive '.

In one spot there was a place called sliding rock where you can slide down a slippery slope into a deeper pool at the bottom , most sat & slid some stood , well that night Todd Drunk of course Stood up & slid down slipped fell back & hit his head , knocking him out , nobody noticed he had not come out of the pool at the bottom for a number of Min , & when they did CPR was tried but it did not work out . Mountain Rescue had to retrieve his body & also while crawling out a Girl friend dating (for lack of better words) fell & busted her head open & it needed many stitches .

I do think that after another higher profile death at the park a year or 2 later they restricted access by taking note of who went down & came out; + I do believe Alcohol was banned.

Seems like yesterday , I could have been me & I type this in tribute to Todd's short life ( He was no angel but who really is ? ) & I would want my friends to remember me heck out of the 8 or so of my friends back then I only regularly speak with 1 .

I figured that I'd put this out there FWIW, so "Dude"s memory can be carried on . :coffee2:

Gd everyone & be safe.
Davers

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Davers, I am sorry you lost a friend in such a manner. I know (from watching someone close to me) that when you are battling drugs and/or alcohol, loosing loved ones makes it all the harder to win the battle. When I look back on my life and the stupid stuff I did, I realize how blessed I was to not have killed someone or myself. I just had this similar chat with someone. You’re right, none of us are angels. Hate the sin, not the sinner. Thank you for sharing Todd’s story. The sunset is beautiful.
Peace to you, Brother.

~Sis

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m sorry that happened to your friend. Ive been up that way several times over the years and it’s one of the most beautiful spots in all of Georgia.

Meadow

May 27, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A truly tragic event, I am sorry for you loss. I appreciate your honouring his memory, those who are gone deserve that, I think.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sad that it is we loose friends and loved one's. The worst part of it is you then realize what that person really meant to you when they're then gone in body for ever. It's a wonderful thing in remembering your friend Todd and keeping his sprit in your heart, as that's something that can be kept alive that will last a lifetime.

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tribute to a friend! Thanks for sharing Davers...

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So sorry for your loss.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I truly appreciate all the cool reply's.

Have a great / safe July 2019.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread