Since My Last Log In

TiBorn

Nov 16, 2011
Ticonderoga
Detector(s) used
Kellyco Predator II, Bounty Hunter Quickdraw 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been out detecting every day for coins. One day I even netted 3 coins from the 1800's. As it stand more of my coin finds have been British then American but my latest American finds are a 1812 large cent with heavy patina and an 1899 Indian head in near perfect condition.

I've found many half pennies and pennies of British nature and or Canadian, from various dates mostly early century or 19th century with one exception.

One of the odder finds was a greek coin that read 2 aspermai I think. It looked gold but turned out not to be, I thought it was my first what a bummer.

Which leads me to my last inquiry. I have a Garret predator 2 metal detector now, I usually set it for just over half sensitivity and the preset discrimination of "coins". I am bound and determined to find a gold coin on my property and it wouldn't matter if it was buried here if I'm using the wrong settings can someone please help with that.

Upvote 0

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know about the settings on your detector but gold coins should ring up as a coin. The gold coins I found rang up in the 80's on the DFX and a friend had a $10 gold coin that came up as a dime. If there are gold coins on your property you shouldnt have any problems finding them.
Good luck
roger

OP
OP
TiBorn

TiBorn

Nov 16, 2011
Ticonderoga
Detector(s) used
Kellyco Predator II, Bounty Hunter Quickdraw 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I haven't searched many deep beeps yet. Does anyone want to see any of my latest finds? I'll try to get pics up. I don't have a camera and I have to borrow my sisters.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I could tell ya what a gold coin reads on my machine......ha ha.....never dug one. :laughing7:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I could tell ya what a gold coin reads on my machine......ha ha.....never dug one. :laughing7:

Mine read beep beep dig.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread