Six Silver Dimes

OP
OP
killerwine

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
They are in clear plastic rolls and I can do $500 in fifteen minutes...Almost too fast as the fun doesn't last very long! The un-opened rolls are easy to return too.... ;D

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
That is too cool, I wish I could find dimes in clear wrappers around here.

Does anybody look for the 1987 no "P" mintmark? it would be easy to overlook but is worth a few $$$$

coinlover

Oct 21, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
over the summer, my friends mom had like $300 in change. i searched it and found a 1946D dime. its in pretty good shape for being in circulation! i also found lots of 40's and 50's wheats and a 1919 wheat! i found also a bunch of pre 1960 nickels. it was fun!

OP
OP
killerwine

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
Check B of A for the clear rolls...All the ones around here have them....bmanofnbc, I don't see the coins unless they are silver...Hard to check the dates for anything particular... ;D

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Whether it's halves, quarters or dimes; I tend to not trust just looking at the edges. In the case of clear wrapped dimes, if you don't open them up and look at each one (I know they're small compared to halves or quarters) you could be missing out; on both silver or any of the collectable clad ones.

Good finds though, killlerwine

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anybody look for the 1987 no "P" mintmark? it would be easy to overlook but is worth a few $$$$

Unless you found a new variety I believe its 1982 no mintmark.

And yes I look for them, but have yet to find one.

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
thurmownator said:
Whether it's halves, quarters or dimes; I tend to not trust just looking at the edges. In the case of clear wrapped dimes, if you don't open them up and look at each one (I know they're small compared to halves or quarters) you could be missing out; on both silver or any of the collectable clad ones.

Good finds though, killlerwine

Stopped by a few banks after work today. No one had any boxes of halves, the few loose halves I could find produced nothing, so I picked up a box of dimes and a box of nickels.

I've just finished going through the dimes..............skunked.

Glanced at the box of nickels.................they all appear to be rolls of '06Ds. I'll bring them back tomorrow without going through them.

There was one redeeming event of the afternoon, I did pickup sixty-one Ikes; sixty at one bank.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread