Sixty Years Later!

CAP

Jun 6, 2003
Hometown USA
Detector(s) used
XLT, ATPro, Tesoro Silver S., White's TM 800, Makro MultiKruzer, XP Deus II, Nokta Pulse Dive
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This little diamond ring was lost by my Mother around 1954-55 on the 40 acre farm where she and dad was cutting fodder for the cows and mules. When I first started metal detecting in earnest around 1993, she told me about losing it but could not remember where on the farm she lost it, just that it was in one of the fields. I have practiced with my various metal detectors all over this farm and dug up a lot of stuff, mainly plow points and horse shoes. I never really entertained the thought that I would be lucky enough to ever find this little ring, even if I set out to systematically hunt it.
I recently had about an hour to kill before going to work and ran out my front door, I live on the back side of the property now, to search the field in front of my house where I had previously found a musketball and an Indian arrowhead. The first signal I got, I dug, at about 4 inches. I expected it to be a bullet or shell casing because my son has used this area as a firing range. The signal was coming in as foil, around the mid 40's on the AT Pro. I was totally surprised to see the ring, partly encased in the chunk of clay dirt. It took about 30 seconds to realize it. She is 88 years old now. I just showed it to her and she has claimed it!
There's no telling how many little gold rings that I have walked over in the parks and beach discriminating them out!

Attachments

• Mom's engagement ring sideview.jpg
    Mom's engagement ring sideview.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 152
  • Mom's engagement ring closeup.jpg
    Mom's engagement ring closeup.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 156
Upvote 29

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's so great that you found her ring after it had been lost for so many years, congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread