Skunked by the Hubby AGAIN

KyDigNQueen

May 30, 2016
KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I finally got to go out metal detecting with KYWONDER today. We had a good 4 hour hunt. We were in one of the parks we frequent. It's been raining forever and I was out yesterday in a downpour for almost 2 hours. So the ground is definitely easy to dig.
I only brought home $3.26 in clad. Had a good solid reading 65-67 and found a bracelet with a broken clasp. It was covered in mud so I couldn't tell what kind of metal it was. Got it home and washed it off. Unfortunately we believe it is just some electroplated junk metal:(
20160817_163539.jpg 20160817_163628.jpg
Yesterday I found $3.84 in a.short 2 hour hunt. I also found 2 charms. One is a heart with a keyhole in it. It rang up as nickel. The other one is a butterfly with some bling on it. It rang up as 45-47. 20160816_141627.jpg 20160816_141413.jpg
Nothing extraordinary but at least I'm finding some money. Thanks for looking and HH!

Upvote 14

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any day out digging is a good one.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're showing a good variety of coins and finds.
Chains are not easy and I think with a "67" I would have missed it.
Congrats on getting out and for the determination.

OP
OP
KyDigNQueen

KyDigNQueen

May 30, 2016
KY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, ATW. It was 6 inches deep but was giving a strong, consistent signal. I had passed that signal up on a previous hunt because the ground was so hard I didn't want to try to dig 6 inches down. The ground was packed then. With all the rain we've had it was a breeze today .

OP
OP
KyDigNQueen

KyDigNQueen

May 30, 2016
KY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, you are right. Really enjoyed getting out again.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey KyDigNQueen, it's kinda like that movie "Field of Dreams". You keep digging it, it will come! Keep the faith.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A day digging is a good day! Nice finds, congratulations!

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
So I am a bit lost. How did you get skunked? He found more but you both look like you had a great time digging.

OP
OP
KyDigNQueen

KyDigNQueen

May 30, 2016
KY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh you know, Scuba, we always have healthy competition with one another. The sad fact is I hastily went over some of those same areas he was getting quarters when I went out yesterday. By hastily, I mean just skimmed it bc it was raining so hard. I never once got a quarter signal :( We discussed our different settings and strategies. Hoping it will make a difference for our hunt tomorrow. After all, he did find $10 more than me. Lol.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Shame about the necklace. A gold one that size would have been $$$. Still a cool find. Congrats.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't underestimate having someone to hunt with out there. It's one of the things I miss the most, since my hunting partner passed a few years ago.

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some really nice finds. I'm missing he skunked part. I've read hubby's post and it seems that you both had a great hunt. Congrats! P.S. push that rain towards Virginia, please.

OP
OP
KyDigNQueen

KyDigNQueen

May 30, 2016
KY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
pWHADIFIND;5090497]Don't underestimate having someone to hunt with out there. It's one of the things I miss the most, since my hunting partner passed a few years ago.[/QUOTE]

Oh trust me I dont. I LOVE that he and I have the kind of relationship that we share many hobbies together. That is why he is my love and my best friend :love6::love6::love6::love4:

OP
OP
KyDigNQueen

KyDigNQueen

May 30, 2016
KY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks! I would love to push the rain your way if I could. We don't need anymore!

OP
OP
KyDigNQueen

KyDigNQueen

May 30, 2016
KY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just read your husbands post looks like you both had a good day to me congrats on your finds

Thanks Trap. Any day hanging out with him is a good day ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread