Skunked on rolls, but a couple surprises in the tray!

Allfat

Tenderfoot
Jul 27, 2011
Went around to a few banks after I got off work yesterday to look for halves. Went into my primary bank and they had $160 in rolls and the teller had a few loose ones. I told her I would take them all.

After the vault teller brought out the rolled halves, my teller asked me again about the loose ones, and I told her again that I would take them. Its a good thing I was persistent because there were 3 40%s in her tray that she saves for other tellers to buy off of her. As she handed them over, she told me "I think these ones are worth more...." I replied "Oh really? Those are cool! Do you get old coins like that in here often?" She said "No, not really. When we do I save them for other tellers to buy from me, but since they haven't yet, I will give them to you."

Then, I went to the next bank, a small regional bank. They had no rolls, but about $5 loose in a few of the trays. As they laid them out on the counter, I saw a 1967 in there and the teller saw it too. She said to me "That is an old one." I replied "Yah, that looks pretty old. Thank you!"

I also got another $160 in rolls from another bank just around the corner. All the rolls were skunks, but luckily I have nice tellers in my area that give you silver even if they know what it is worth!

Upvote 0

Goldmanford

Aug 1, 2011
North Carolina
Nice finds from your tellers - even the one who probably didn't really want to give up that silver but had little choice after you inquired. Good job! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread