Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A big welcome also.
Quartz is always a good place to start looking.
Rusty colored ground and rocks are also. Copper and iron deposits.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Slate, itself, will not have gold (it is sedimentary), but quartz NEAR slate has a very good chance of gold. Go for it! TTC

OP
OP
T

Terry lewis

Greenie
Jan 12, 2014
phoenix
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the replys, I've never hunted gold before but got addicted to metal detecting a year ago and so far 3 gold rings and some silver but I would love to find some raw gold

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where is Sunnyslope? If in the southwest, try AZ for nuggies. TTC

OP
OP
T

Terry lewis

Greenie
Jan 12, 2014
phoenix
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sunnyslope is in northeast phoenix , checked it out this morning not aloud to dig there but found some cool ground based targets, bunch of real old bullets , tons of trash

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If possible join the GPAA, I am, or look up what lands are blm and free of claims and go there.
As long as they are in a Gold area.
Cave Creek area has some places.
Go to this thread here on Tnet: Az Members Check In

There are a few guys in your area that go out and invite people to go with them.
Talk to them after you introduce yourself and see if they can help ya any.
Tell em roadrunner sent ya.

Last edited:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If possible join the GPAA, I am, or look up what lands are blm and free of claims and go there.
As long as they are in a Gold area.
Cave Creek area has some places.
Go to this thread here on Tnet: Az Members Check In

There are a few guys in your area that go out and invite people to go with them.
Talk to them after you introduce yourself and see if they can help ya any.
Tell em roadrunner sent ya.
TimC or his friend, (KeepmehumbleLord) from Indiana will most certainly take you out around the Rich Hill area. They will also certainly GAURANTEE you will go home with Rich Hill (Weaver Creek) gold! Yes. Give TimC a PM. Tim and friend have several claims in the Rich Hill area. If you have no equipment, they may lend you a little of their HUGE inventory to collect some gravels to take home to pan. KeepmehumbleLord went home with a one day gold find of $178 from a spot Tim told him to dig. That's ONE DAY $178!! Hard to beat that from just scratching around! Give TimC a PM. Humble may also do the same but I am not authorized to say so. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions