slight beeps at the beach

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
My 250 will do the same if the sensitivty is set a little high and there is either A) wet sand within 3"-4" down or B) if I am crossing over the wet/dry line. Another Garrett user suggested that crossing over from wet to dry and back again confuses the machine as it has to readjust too often, thus giving false signals. I'm not terribly familiar with your machine, but if there is any type of sensitivty setting bring it way down, then increase it slowly. When it starts giving you the chirps, bring it back down one bar. And for the B), stay on either wet or dry to keep the conditions constant for the machine.

Good luck and HH.

OP
OP
T

transtang

thank you i will try adjusting sensitivy and see what happens

joey

Mar 27, 2005
boston, ga
Detector(s) used
discovery 1100
i think it has something to do with ground minarals and it givs a false signal just ignore it!

R

rvbvetter

? ? ?The beach's i hunt at, i usually see more slight blimps than beeps.? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? I'm assuming you were in wet sand.? Not to say there wasn't a target there.
But some detectors i've used on a salt water beach, would false over a foot print or shallow depression in the wet sand.? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread