Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Make the legs adustable, box tubing with round stock, and a nut to tighten down the legs...

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on riffle height, water flow, and size of classified material being run.

It's all about creating a low pressure area and an eddy under the leading edge of the riffles so that the heavies drop out and are pushed back under the riffle and the light material continues to wash on down the sluice.

The 1" drop per foot of sluice is only a general rule of thumb. (check the mfg. suggested drop per foot for the model)
Some require more than that and some a little less to operate at maximum effeciency.

GG~

Last edited:
OP
OP
wingmaster

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sluice is a keene A51 and I made the sluice stand with a 3" drop that has an adjustment at the back for adjusting the drop to be less than 3", but I guess that I can make an adjustment for the front as well if I need more drop. I'm going to be classifying the material to 1/4" the gold will be really fine for the most part unless I get extremely lucky, I'm in Indiana so the gold is very fine stuff. Thanks for the info

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wingmaster, you are a good candidate for the Gold Cube. It works perfect with 1/4" and smaller material and will trap all that fine and flour Hoosier gold. Great to run at home as a recirculating concentrator. Also has nugget traps installed just in case a larger than 1/4" nugget gets run. It's also capable of running about a 1000 Lbs of material an hour!

I know it's a bit pricey but it's well worth the investment for the perfect way to capture that glacial gold.

From one Hoosier to another, it's something you may want to look into.

Goodyguy~

Last edited:
OP
OP
wingmaster

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate paying that much for plastic as it seems these days companies are always trying to find cheaper ways of making stuff calling it new and improved and charging more for it. They look like they would work real good for fine gold but that is alot of money, If I dicide to get a plastic sluice for the fine stuff I was thinking maybe one of the Angus Mackirk sluice as they aren't very much. I was thinking of trying to go to Thermal city(I believe thats the name anyway) next year or some other place I'll have to ask around as money is tight and I want to get the best for my money. I seen some other places but I'm not sure if you need to be a member of the LDMA and if thats the case I won't be able to afford that. Thanks

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel the same way as you that's why I built my own out of aluminum. Plus instead of a square (cube) shape I decided to make mine more of a rectangle which gave me more surface area to collect gold and allowed me to have a longer slick plate as well as eliminating any need for the optional fourth tier.......http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/g...-gold-daddy-mini-wash-plant-w-shaker-diy.html

What part of Indiana are you from? I know several GPAA clubs that are free to join.

GG~

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread