Small ring and coin

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
These are the latest finds from the soil. The ring is Medieval, bronze and very small. The coin is even smaller, being a hammered silver farthing, probably Edward the first 1272-1307. I've been trying using higher discrim on the deus. It gave a good clear signal on the tiny farthing at 30 discrim.

Robert.

Attachments

• IMG_5996.JPG
    IMG_5996.JPG
    316.4 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 5

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds and great to have some new settings that work and might make your life easier

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, If only we had stuff that old in America. You are lucky to be able to detect with a place with so much history.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes much more history there, nice finds, have always heard that too much discrimination let you "Walk over gold" tho, guess if the trash is heavy there is no way around having to use more discriminate.

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Finds!!!

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Yes much more history there, nice finds, have always heard that too much discrimination let you "Walk over gold" tho, guess if the trash is heavy there is no way around having to use more discriminate.
The main trouble is coke (burnt coal) some fields are loaded with it.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The main trouble is coke (burnt coal) some fields are loaded with it.

Is it really really bad? Because I tend to just clear it all, some places are pretty bad, but its light & easy to find, so I get rid of it. I'm assuming I will be digging a lot more deeper coke with the Deus, but the more trash I clear to better I feel. It gives you a year on year progress, & without getting rid, its hard to judge where your at with the site.
No idea if you can try & notch it out without affecting your disc?

Anyways, that ring look a little Roman with its wider shoulders, anything on top?

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Is it really really bad? Because I tend to just clear it all, some places are pretty bad, but its light & easy to find, so I get rid of it. I'm assuming I will be digging a lot more deeper coke with the Deus, but the more trash I clear to better I feel. It gives you a year on year progress, & without getting rid, its hard to judge where your at with the site.
No idea if you can try & notch it out without affecting your disc?

Anyways, that ring look a little Roman with its wider shoulders, anything on top?
Yes Cru, some fields have so much, it would take years to clear. The ring is just plain, and very small. It just fits on the end of my little finger.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread