Small score but a score!

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
well I didnt have too much time to do CRH today but I got my fix.
I checked a couple banks I had not checked up on in a while since the 2 boxs one bank had ordered did not even show up! damn.

Went to another bank that I had to leave some halves at because they would only sell $100 at a time, the last $15 yielded one 40

Got one box from another branch, produced only 3 40s

checked with another bank and they had $30 in the drive though, They said they had the BIG dollars in back, I will check them on monday when there vault teller is in. But good to know.
The $30 were hand rolled and had one 40

checked another bank, no halves, a bunch of people had come in asking for them this week. Really? ok.
Went down the street to another and nothing,
went to the next and they were like oh yeah we have like $800 worth in back in the bags. Damn I only have $400 left. She was like we will have to roll them before we can sell em but you will have to come back,
I can buy hte bag when I come back, thats no problem, I just need to get some cash.

Ok, let me double check.
Oh wait, thats $800 in Dollar coins, we have $50.50 in halves.
Ok, I will take em if thats ok,
Ok, wait right here.

I heard the machine kick on as I guess they were double counting htem to be sure, I heard silver...and a lof of it.
Then the machine ran again a couple min later...and then again,
what is going on back there I wonder?

When she came back she said she only have $50 worth.
CRAP I though, probably a walker or someting,
"what happend to the other one?
Oh it was a car wash token.
Ok I though, but then she dumped out the bag and I saw 90s and 40s and a ben.
My kinda bank! I though, let em have the one.
She loaded it up in a bag for me and I could hardly wait, the pile was grey and white with a few clad in there too.

When I got too the car I opened it up and saw a beautiful sight. each hand full of halves was mostly silver, 64 64 64 62 68 68 etc. WOW, The clad was Mint state as well, no wear, just dingy, Looks like some very old rolls got deposited.

Well it did well, I got 2 bens, 10 64s and 18 40s a %30 keeper rate on $50 is not bad at all!

So the day was not bad

10 64s
2 bens
23 40s

the dimes I went though produced 3 silver rosies

Not a bad day!
Oh yeah, ME CO, you may be a head of me in halves but I am slaughtering you on silver dimes! lol

edHt 2007 CRH Total: 11 23 07
War Nickels – 6
Buffalo Nicks - 1
V Nickel 1 (1899)
proof Nickel - 1
Sil Dimes - 25
Sil Wash Qtrs - 0
90% Kennedy - 98
40% Kennedy - 911
Franklins - 63
Walkers - 16
Barber – 2 (1904, 1910s)
Comm. Sil Halves – 1 1992 columbus
Prf Halves – 37
of witch are Silver Proofs 12

Ikes - 45​

Upvote 0

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Nice score Dave. I went and snyped a couple boxes yesterday- should have taken the time to look around a little bit more but the weather kept me inside the truck haha. Got a lil trip planned for Tue as thats the only day next week I don't have two boxes coming in. Yea a month ago I went to this bank and they had a box so yesterday I went back to see ifn they reordered any, O yea she remembered you with the coin order and got a couple more. That is very nice since I only been there once before and don't have an acct. Only got one '64 out of one and a '64 and 4 40%ers out of the other but at least no stinkers. Congrats on yours, they say out prospectin when the weather is bad and you persevere that Mother nature will reward you- same goes for CRH I guess, and I missed a perfect opportunity LOL.
BTW Don't laugh at my dimes- I been thinkin of trying to buy them dime bags where I'm able to get the half bags, just for fun. Anyways 2 of them came from pocket change since July. HH Mark

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
Nice bag-o-halves JD. I've had that feeling twice now. Nothing like reaching in and pulling out a handfull of silver. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread