yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday was my first chance to look hunt for anything, and the tide was low just at twilight. Found a motley assortment of items- from fossil imprints to a suspect shell cup, fishing lure, gun flint, colonial pottery chunk, tavern pipe bits, a (knife?) handle- all water-weathered, and some old glass-- oh yeah- and a broke (tip) and a decent red blade! Not bad for an hour or so in a location that's purely hit-or-miss (and mostly miss). Looking forward to tomorrow! Thanks for looking- Yakker

0322141613.jpg 0322141614.jpg

0322141614a.jpg

and this is the weird little 'cup'. I hesitate to even show it, but I'm surrounded by shells nearly everywhere I go, and this is too uniform and too...perfect... to be just erosion. It appears to be oyster (not a surprise), not fragile, but evenly thinned down to the mother-of-pearl. I rarely pick up shells because I just don't know enough. This one caught my eye.

0322141615.jpg 0322141615b.jpg 0322141616.jpg Cheers!

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better than working or just sitting at home. Nice finds

OP
OP
yakker

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, it is better than sitting at home. 'Party favors' just for showing up on a beach are always a satisfying thing! And I love that French gunflint too. It was barely poking out of a nasty wad of rust- nothing to identify, but I did realize it might be the gun it was in when it was 'lost'. Again, it wasn't worth trying to save the rust, so I cracked it out- and it didn't take much. Thanks for looking at my pitiful picnic plate of odds and ends! Yak

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am a big time beachcomber....love your stuff...let's see that gun flint....

Flea-bit Monkey

Apr 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That gun flint is beautiful. I couldn't imagine finding that. Have you found those before?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread