Snakes bad

Dreadnox

Jul 28, 2013
Austin Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Metadyne magnet stick, Garretts pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You only need to worry about hoop and joint snakes around those pesky Jackalope dens, its there main food source you know... LOL I been bitten so many times I have lost count but only once by a rattler once by a cotten mouth and once by a copperhead. The ratteler left me with 60 stiches on my right forearm,,, thats the one I didn't lance and draw out the venom. Best advise is if your not sure,,, leave it alone,,, and if you get bit, look for puncture wounds, but always get it looked at by a Dr if you have any questions at all even non venomous can cause very severe infections. Safe hunting my friends and best of luck with the buried treasures.

Maburger

May 30, 2013
Southern IN
Detector(s) used
AT Pro ACE 250 and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sheesh, you must be female to complain about a garter snake. use peroxide on it

So are you trying to say girls are whimps??
Around here I am the one grabbing the snapping turtles off the road, throwing them in the truck to take home to clean. My job at rooster butchering time is hacking off the heads. Just the other day I rescued a rat snake that had gotten entangled in the netting around the blue berries. And I had to kill the feral Tom Cat that was responsible for killing a hen and several of our barn cats.
So I guess my point is; Girls Rock!

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forget about the snakes !! The spiders are bad.... Nothing worse than walking through the woods with spider webs wrapped all around yah :idea1:

I was working on a property by the lake and backed into the bushes to save time and flak from the homeowner rather than cutting them to get a shot on a pipe. I was bitten by a small black and white spider on the back of the neck. I reacted immediately, it itched and seemed "electric" in it's effect on my nerves. This lasted on and off for two years!

Last edited:

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I suppose by now you have all heard of the Burmese Rock Python that crawled thru the ventilation pipes and suffocated the two kids in Eastern Canada.

Yes, very tragic. Large constrictors can be dangerous, especially around kids. Not that it matters but I think rock pythons are from Africa. Burmese python is a different species.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So are you trying to say girls are whimps??
Around here I am the one grabbing the snapping turtles off the road, throwing them in the truck to take home to clean. My job at rooster butchering time is hacking off the heads. Just the other day I rescued a rat snake that had gotten entangled in the netting around the blue berries. And I had to kill the feral Tom Cat that was responsible for killing a hen and several of our barn cats.
So I guess my point is; Girls Rock!

Ok guess I'll try to stay out of your reach, I like my neck as it is

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone that thinks that girls are wimps should meet my ex.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread