Sneek peek at the future coin, the Americo

OP
OP
silverthorn

silverthorn

Mar 19, 2008
Livin' in my Checker Marathon down by the river...
Detector(s) used
Old willow divining rod... No more wire hangers !!
I don’t like it too much either. I like the look of our former metal, although they didn’t depict any presidents, so I understand the change in metal. I understand why they took the metal off of paper money, and the value of the metal money, but I think it is because of pure greed without consideration for the welfare of the citizens.

When the paper money becomes worthless and the metal are all slugs, the plastic money (credit/debt cards) will follow and we will end up using things of value to trade and barter, including gold, pieces of silver, copper, oil, beads. Unless some metal is put back into money. It won’t take much.

I posted this post because I became aware of it and I thought it would be of interest to the TreasureNet folks.

Silverthorn

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
have you checked out the 2008 versions yet?
Petty coins, I like all the symbolic tones to the coin.
Very imperialistic. Note the 3 stars in Liberty's helmet representing Canada, the US and Mexico!
Its honestly the way a modern US coin should be. Showing power, pride and strength.
Too bad its not a US coin. If our money looked like that Id probably have more faith in it! Id love to carry around say $1 coins that looked like this!!! Just not as an amero, but a US Coin

Look at most countries and there money, They do quite well when its with Gods and Goddesses and symbolic images.

The same countries are usually in decline by the time political figures make it onto the coins.

And by the time current political figures who are alive are on your money...its time to get out. thats rock bottom. Head for the hills!

But as far as these Ameros go, you gotta admit, they are very well done!

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 1,542
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,685
OP
OP
silverthorn

silverthorn

Mar 19, 2008
Livin' in my Checker Marathon down by the river...
Detector(s) used
Old willow divining rod... No more wire hangers !!
Jewelerdave:

You are correct, sir. Those dollar coins are very cool looking! Hey Dave, when the bottom drops out, will the Jewelerdave Mint start stamping dime-sized real silver dollars?

Thanks for the Amero peek! How can I get one of those?

I am aware that money will change. I has over the years and inevitably it will continue to do so. How long was the silver dollar in use? A real silver dollar I mean. One ounce of silver. Preceded by the Spanish 8 Reales coin; about an ounce of silver? Mine are all worn and roughed up. Some with Asian chops in them. No “pieces” though.

I think the gov’t should put something back. Like a sterling silver USA dollar. It could be the size of a dime, or full size with alloy. Or like a composite such as the Canadian Two-nny. Something of value. Anything of value! Oh well. We’ll see!

Hey, I really like the coins YOU minted! I’m saving up for one! I have noticed that you are well into it! I’m impressed! How did you get the treasure bug? I don’t know how I did. I found a silver Spanish 8 Reales coin on Crescent Beach on Siesta Key, Sarasota, Florida in the 1960’s… It was inevitable I guess!

Give me a holler sometime!!

~Silverthorn

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think it would be awesome if they minted Coins that had silver/gold in them. I dont see why they dont do a bi-metallic Kind of like the Canadian $2 coin. made for circulation.

Say something about the same size, and look, the center of that coin is 16mm so a 1/10th ounce coin would fit in it.

bring back the high dollar denomination coins.

Something inflation proof. say a tenth ounce of silver in a $20 coin.

say a $5 coin with a copper center Bronze rim.
a $10 or $20 or even $25 coin with a tenth ounce silver center
maybe a $100 coin with a twentieth of an ounce of gold, maybe an alloy that is %50 or %75 Gold to keep the size aspect ratio correct/Gold clad on a copper core, I dont know, maybe use a tenth ounce of gold and use it as a $500 coin.
Something more durable and worth saving as to paper. Something with a lasting legacy. And something that gives the money some real value to control inflation.

The nice thing about Countries when they made something out of gold/silver is that if your country's government went away, or if you traveled or moved, you were not left with something of no value.
Look at Colonial America, Spanish Silver and European coins were used until we got our mints going. the older Spanish and English coin was converted into our own.

Now look at what happened to the American Confederacy of the Civil War. Paper Money that was not backed by gold or silver became worthless. Peoples hard earnings from work and trade over night became worthless, they had nothing to show for there efforts and savings.

People who saved coin from the 60's and before and still have them can at least trade them in for money that for now can buy things that are needed. But current generations do not have this protective luxury or security, There are people out there hording copper pre 82 cents for gods sake in the hope to sell them for more paper money that is just getting more and more worthless.

Its kind of sad where its going. even if our money had a fraction of the gold or silver content its better than nothing at all!

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We need to go back to the constitution - COIN money - not "print money".

Just my opinion.

Went to an auction, and bid on some gold coins, and there was a guy there who could not understand why people were paying so much for a gold coin. His comment? "I don't understand it, it's not like these coins are back by dollars" ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Just goes to show you.

B

Nov 27, 2007
Valley of the Sun
Its all true, the North American Union is gonna come, its just a matter of when. The illuminati have their plans set in stone..literally Just google the Georgian Guidestones. IMO the government is purposely trashing the dollar to force Americans to accept the Amero..just my 2 cents.

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Conspiracy theory. Its all bunk. The more people buy into it, the more they keep it alive.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read the more important message here people. If this comes to be the Constitution is dead! We would be a union with 2 other countries! I personally will fight to the death to keep this from happening.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread