Sniper Coil for Ace or GTI?

malice51

Jul 28, 2005
I've been doing a lot of detecting in trashy areas lately and I've finally invested in the 4.5" Scorcher sniper coil. I own both an Ace 250 and a GTI 1500. Question is which detector to use with the sniper coil? I am thinking I should use it on the Ace since it is a non-imaging coil and using it on the GTI wouldn't give me an advantage. Does that make sense or am I missing something?

ohiochris

May 6, 2009
Makes sense to me. You wouldnt have much advantage if any using the more sophisitcated detector with a sniper coil.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is more to the GTI 1500 than the imagining screen. It ground balances, Ace doesn't. Is more accurate in it's display. Able to use more sensitivity if you need it and I think it has a faster response. IMHO, putting it on the Ace would be like hanging a rabbit foot from the detector for more luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread