Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cactusjumper said:
Roy and Beth,

This year's Rendezvous will be held at the Don's Camp near the Quarter Circle-U Ranch. The dates are set for October 24th., 25th. and 26th. It's a wonderful location, and close to sixty or seventy people attended last year. Hopefully it will be even better this year.

I would love to see you and Beth attend this year. Last year I, along with a few others, managed to talk Paul into flying out from New Hampshire. The poor lad will never be the same, but that's a good thing. :D Many of the attendees are well versed in a variety of treasure legends, and I believe you and Beth would feel right at home.

The invitation is open to everyone who is interested. Jack Purcell would also be right at home. Carolyn and I will have plenty of coffee/water, and will provide one dinner and one breakfast for those who let us know in advance. Our shower and bathroom will be available for the ladies. I believe we will be doing Italian this year.

I know you two are very busy up there in the hinterlands, but you would probably return to your tasks with renewed vigor, and a healthy respect for the proficiency of Arizona liars. 8)

While at the Stoker Family Reunion last weekend, our Heidi fell into my mom's pool and drowned. We had left her here in Havasu with a family member, and got the call on Saturday. We are both still having a hard time with it. Knowing you went through the same thing not long ago, I know just how hard you were hit.

Take care,

Joe

Joe,

I forgot to ask you about Heidi after you had mentioned something about losing her in your last e-mail. I'm really sorry to hear that! My wife and I have no children - our pets have always been our "kids" and we've seen 3 of them pass on now in the last 20 years or so - each one has been the worst day of my life.

No real words of wisdom or consolation here, but I'm sorry for the loss and if you and Carolyn feel you have the energy for it, you know there's another animal out there somewhere looking for a loving home that could use good owners to take care of them - none ever replace the others, they just all sort of fill different spots in our hearts.

As for the Rendevouz - I've already talked the wife into lettting me spend 2 weeks out there this fall surrounding the dates. I expect I'll do a little more wandering "off the beaten path" this time around.

Paul

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Paul,

I am really looking forward to seeing you again.

Something I never took the time to look at in the Superstitions, is the area of the X in front (north) of Weaver's Needle. I have always thought it could be the location of Bob Brady's cave. If it is, I should think it might also be the cave of gold bars that Aurum is talking about on Peter's Forum. It would be an easy area to reach, but a bugger to search.

If you decide to give that the once over, I will be happy to go into more detail.

Thanks for the kind words. After sixteen years, the house seems very still.

Take care,

Joe

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cactusjumper said:
Paul,

I am really looking forward to seeing you again.

Something I never took the time to look at in the Superstitions, is the area of the X in front (north) of Weaver's Needle. I have always thought it could be the location of Bob Brady's cave. If it is, I should think it might also be the cave of gold bars that Aurum is talking about on Peter's Forum. It would be an easy area to reach, but a bugger to search.

If you decide to give that the once over, I will be happy to go into more detail.

Thanks for the kind words. After sixteen years, the house seems very still.

Take care,

Joe

Yeah, I know what you mean about the house being quiet! After we lost our first "baby" years ago, my wife had an exceptionally difficult time as I worked 2nd shift and she was home alone alot. After that we've always made certain to have at least a dog and cat at the same time to kind of "ease the pain" a bit when one passes on - it helps, but not much.

Kind of crazy how attached we get isn't it? Lots of reasons for it though and those who aren't animal lovers just don't understand. I've always considered it to be a good judge of a person's character as to how they react when they lose a pet - if they feel pain and loss, I consider that a good sign.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Paul,

When Heidi was around two we couldn't keep up with her non-stop energy, so we took a trip to Las Vegas and purchased another pup to keep her running. Suzy is still with us, and will soon need a friend to keep her running. She is moping around as well.

Take care,

Joe

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cactus, what can one really say, except that I too have gone through this, it hurts! Leave her feed bowl out for a while, she will let you know that she is still around for a bit. Happens to me each timne.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real de Tayopa said:
Cactus, what can one really say, except that I too have gone through this, it hurts! Leave her feed bowl out for a while, she will let you know that she is still around for a bit. Happens to me each timne.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OT (as far as Tayopa and LAD is concerned at least) - the 2nd to last pet we had to have put down was our cat Phoenix (who arrived on our doorstep years ago as a kitten the day after we had to put our dog to sleep - thus the name Phoenix). She was a "runt of the litter" little fluffball of a calico cat - sort of skittish with a mind of her own, but when she felt like being cuddled, she was a ball of heaven :). About a week after putting her down, I woke up one morning - or rather was lying in bed in that "half way between awake and sleep" state where I could hear my wife breathing and the birds just starting to sing outside, but was still rather out of it. All of a sudden, I realized there was a tiny weight cuddled up to me just where Phoenix would sleep. I would swear to this day that I reached out and felt her fluffy fur and stroked her for a bit at which point she started her light purring exactly as she used to. I again could swear I did this consciously for as long as I could at which point my curiosity finally got the best of me and I opened my eyes to look at her - and she was gone.

It happened again about 2 weeks ago for no explainable reason - hadn't really been thinking specifically about her or anything.

The mind is a strange thing isn't it? Or is it the spirit world that's strange? All I know is that I felt "good" in a way when I finally woke up those mornings and while I missed her, it put a smile on my face.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Morning Cactus, you posted -->

The mind is a strange thing isn't it? Or is it the spirit world that's strange?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Both my friend. My poop would pull the sheets off of me and rattle her food dish for a month or so after.. It was common to see her briefly out of the corner of your eye. Once my wife actually saw the sheets moving ???

Do Jose de La Mancha

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Jose and Paul,

Once again, thanks for the kind thoughts.

"The mind is a strange thing isn't it? Or is it the spirit world that's strange?"

Those words are Paul's, but I would not disagree.

Take care,

Joe

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
HOLA mi amigo Joe (Cactusjumper),

My apologies for not getting online sooner, had to stay at the ranch and only just now am getting caught up.

I am sorry to hear about your loss. People who do not have "pets" can never understand the real bond that a person can have with an animal, so similar to that we have with our own children. (I put the word "pets" in quotes, because oftentimes the relationship goes far beyond that we have with a pet fish, or pet crab; more like a small four-legged member of the family.) These animals are innocent creatures, who love you with their whole heart no matter what. This bond is so strong that the connection even exists when we are far from our beloved pets, as recent tests have shown; the animals know the very moment that you have decided to come home even from a distance of hundreds of miles. No words can lessen the feeling of loss, but I hope you know - that pure love that exists between a person and a dog (and even cats, sometimes) never ceases to exist.

To a dog or a cat, the world is not a complicated place; they know what they like and what they don't like, when you feel down and need to be cheered up, when it is time to play, and when it is time to be strong. Heidi is a beautiful dog, even in that small photo you can see the light in her eyes - there really is "someone in there". Maybe not a "human being" but perhaps a 'canine being'. She will be with you always, I am sure you already know that.

I do hope that we can make it to this year's rendezvous, but cannot make any promises unfortunately. Our youngest boy is getting married in October, don't know the exact date yet but he lives in Missouri, so IF things go as I hope...there is a chance we can make it.
your friend,
Roy

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Joe,

Have been away for a little bit,
I came back to learn of your loss.

Our deepest condolences my Friend
May her memories give you joy.

I firmly believe they wait for us.
Thom and Kathy

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Roy, Thom and Kathy,

Your messages and thoughts are very welcome in a stormy week. It's still hard for me to write about it and your words are helping me fill the void.

When I left her at my mom's, I got down on the floor and held her close while we rubbed faces.....something we did on a regular basis. I am still waiting for that image to overcome my mental picture of what happend to her.

Thank you,

Joe

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe, these past few posts have changed my thoughts about you from being a cantankerous, onry, would be cowboy, S.O.X. to a genuinely human, likeable guy. If Heidi vouches for you, that is good enough for me.

:-* :-* :-*

Don Jose de La Mancha

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Jack,

Sorry I took this thread off topic.

I don't believe Sno-Ta-Hae is from any of the Apache dialects. Just as important, IMHO, is the name: Pa-Gotzin-Kay. It is not an Apache place name. Anyone wanting to learn about how the Apache named places, should read Keith Basso's "Wisdom Sits in Places".

Sno-Ta-Hae is a mine, according to Nino. The gold was not just lying there, they dug for it. The story of the Apache having a gold mine, actually goes back to Cochise and his sons. The mine was in New Mexico.

Nino claims he was elected chief of his tribe when he was fourteen years old. At the same time, another youngster was elected subchief. While his book is a fun work of historical fiction, it's difficult to accept it as source material. Anyone who has done any research on the Apache will find themselves laughing many times as they read Nino's historical novel.

None of that means the mine is not based in fact. My guess would be that the story came from Cochise's mine in New Mexico.

Joe Ribaudo

white dove

Apr 16, 2007
Tennessee
cactusjumper said:
Roy, Thom and Kathy,

Your messages and thoughts are very welcome in a stormy week. It's still hard for me to write about it and your words are helping me fill the void.

When I left her at my mom's, I got down on the floor and held her close while we rubbed faces.....something we did on a regular basis. I am still waiting for that image to overcome my mental picture of what happend to her.

Thank you,

Joe

Joe, i am so sorry you lost your pet.

I know what it is like to lose one myself. I am 36 years old and have lost many pets over the years and they all seemed like my child. I do not have children of my own but i have currently got 3 dogs and 5 cats. they are my children right now. Last year when all those animals were getting killed by tainted cat food and dog food. i lost 3 of my babies and one that i tried to save but the vet had to put him down. You will never forget them and remember they are waiting for us when we pass over to where they are. I myself have cancer and am fighting it as much as i can and if i pass before you do i will try and look out for your little heidi.

Also would like to ad that these dogs, cats, horses, etc. they are all GODS animals and they do have a spirit, i know this to be fact and truth because i seen a small little light come into the room where a very sick little puppy was at then after a few moments the light left but it was not alone, there was another tiny little light beside it. The next day the sick puppy was gone, but i believe it left the same time that angle came and got him.. you will see heidi again, just like i will see all my animals again.

i will say a prayer for you tonight that GOD comforts you and will in some way let you know that heidi is safe in heaven waiting for you.

i want to also apologize to the OP for getting this thread off topic for a bit. please forgive me?

White dove

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
white dove said:

I know what it is like to lose one myself. I am 36 years old and have lost many pets over the years and they all seemed like my child. I do not have children of my own but i have currently got 3 dogs and 5 cats. they are my children right now. Last year when all those animals were getting killed by tainted cat food and dog food. i lost 3 of my babies and one that i tried to save but the vet had to put him down. You will never forget them and remember they are waiting for us when we pass over to where they are. I myself have cancer and am fighting it as much as i can and if i pass before you do i will try and look out for your little heidi.

Also would like to ad that these dogs, cats, horses, etc. they are all GODS animals and they do have a spirit, i know this to be fact and truth because i seen a small little light come into the room where a very sick little puppy was at then after a few moments the light left but it was not alone, there was another tiny little light beside it. The next day the sick puppy was gone, but i believe it left the same time that angle came and got him.. you will see heidi again, just like i will see all my animals again.

i will say a prayer for you tonight that GOD comforts you and will in some way let you know that heidi is safe in heaven waiting for you.

i want to also apologize to the OP for getting this thread off topic for a bit. please forgive me?

White dove
[/quote]

White Dove,
welcome to T-Net,
we have you on our prayer list .
would also like to hear what kind of treasures you hunt.

I know you will find this bunch inquisitive and thought provoking.
sometimes a bit rough and straight forward.
But always warm and very friendly.

Once again, Welcome.
Thom

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
White Dove,

Thank you for your kind words. It's been three months now, but you managed to choke me up with your post. We spent this last weekend in the mountains near Prescott. A friend and his wife joined us there, and they had just lost their Yellow Lab the previous Wednesday. A friend of their's told them about another pup and they are healing the wounds with a new "best friend".

It is said in a Native American Prayer, that "I am with you still". Rest assured that applies to all of our loved ones who have passed over........including our pets.

Many thanks and welcome to the Forum.

Take care,

Joe

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OHIO White Dove: HI, if I can beat cancer, so can you, Never start sitting around waiting for what is "erroneously" conisdered as inevitable, .just start planing what you will do after it is gone.

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. If you wish to talk about it, just pm or EM me any time.

Real_ [email protected]

white dove

Apr 16, 2007
Tennessee
Old Dog said:
white dove said:

White dove

White Dove,
welcome to T-Net,
we have you on our prayer list .
would also like to hear what kind of treasures you hunt.

I know you will find this bunch inquisitive and thought provoking.
sometimes a bit rough and straight forward.
But always warm and very friendly.

Once again, Welcome.
Thom
[/quote]

Thank you Thom for adding me to your prayers and the warm welcome.

treasures i like to hunt? Well just about anything and everything, from old war relics to old coins, gold, sunken ships, even arrowheads. Have a lot of those arrowheads. My grandma was a full bloodied indian and taught me how to weave thread and hunt and fish. I really miss her though.

I am not worried about any rough folk here, heck i might preach at them a little lol.. just my nature though... love Jesus and the bible.., hope you all look over my preaching at times and i will do my best to try and not be such a bible thumper here.. :thumbsup:

white dove

Apr 16, 2007
Tennessee
cactusjumper said:
White Dove,

Thank you for your kind words. It's been three months now, but you managed to choke me up with your post. We spent this last weekend in the mountains near Prescott. A friend and his wife joined us there, and they had just lost their Yellow Lab the previous Wednesday. A friend of their's told them about another pup and they are healing the wounds with a new "best friend".

It is said in a Native American Prayer, that "I am with you still". Rest assured that applies to all of our loved ones who have passed over........including our pets.

Many thanks and welcome to the Forum.

Take care,

Joe

I am sorry hun,

I did not mean to upset you. ( choke you up ) . i just wanted to let you know that you will see heidi again.. we all will see our pets again. I will see mine and over the past 36 years i will have to say there is at least 75 of them waiting on me.. lol they probably will smother me with kisses..

and thank you for the warm welcome.

white dove

Apr 16, 2007
Tennessee
Real de Tayopa said:
OHIO White Dove: HI, if I can beat cancer, so can you, Never start sitting around waiting for what is "erroneously" conisdered as inevitable, .just start planing what you will do after it is gone.

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. If you wish to talk about it, just pm or EM me any time.

Real_ [email protected]

A big Hi back to you!

I enjoy reading your posts as well as several others. Been reading a while just thought i would post a little.

Doc said i had a 10% chance making it another 5 years, that was 1 year ago, but hey, docs know nothing only God knows..

well we better let this thread get back on track,

sorry OP.

You can shoot me if you wish, lol for getting this topic off , hey.. i am a flying bird so jkust aim and shoot if ya need to.. j/k :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions