snobby lady at an op-shop, sterling, 14K

SteveDodds

Dec 9, 2006
North Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, BH 202
I went to a local thrift store today that I have never been to. I asked the lady behind the counter if I could look at some of the boxes of jewelry. She pulled out 2 boxes from the cabinet. I started looking through the stuff and I instantly found a set of sterling earrings and a set of 14k earrings. When I got done looking through the the two boxes I asked for the next two. The lady got real snotty as she pulled the other boxes out. She says in a real snotty tone,"You're not gonna find any gold or silver. We pull it all out and send it away." (Notice I already found both)I said,"Oh? Thats ok. I'd still like to look through it." She says,"Are you one of these people that buys gold and plays it on the internet?" I said in an equally snobby tone,"Yeah. But I don't sell it on the internet." She didn't talk to me the rest of the time I was there. She did get the rest of the boxes out for me but she wasn't very happy about it. I wanted to show her what I found but I didn't. What a B%%T#$@#

When I left there I went to a jewelry store to have the stones on the 14k earrings looked at to find out if they were diamonds. They weren't diamonds and they weren't CZs. The jeweler thought they were probably white topaz. The 14K earrings weighed in at 1.2 grams. I didn't weigh the sterling. Not a big score but big enough considering that according to that lady they don't have any gold or silver.

tattooedmomma

Aug 5, 2008
I am fed up with those people. Our place here, I have been going to forever. I always find a treasure. Well they relocated. I found some Chubby Checker records yesterday. While I was paying I saw a Sammy Davis Jr. one. I asked how much? He went and got the lady in the back and said those shouldnt be out they are for collectors. We need to check ebay. Well I checked ebay when I got home. I did better than they did. My record was worth more than theres.. .NOw they are down one customer.... It pissed me off.

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
People like that are everyplace now days it's sad it truly is. To me the best revenge is to put one over on them by finding some treasure at that store . Somebody that is that salty and sour is bound to be missing stuff. If you don't shop there then they win by eliminating a possible outlet for you to find loot. Play the waitting game sooner or later they will miss something and the reward will be so much sweeter :wink: Doom on them :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread