Dec 23, 2012
Cottage Grove, MN
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 800
Minelab excalibur ii
Whites surfmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok here we go! its easy if your snuffer bottle as the blocker and straw take those out put the top back on put your vile over the top tip it upside down and swirl it all the gold will fall into the vile. and your done!!!!

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's it - maybe practice 1st time over a large bowl. (standard snuffer bottles have a built-in funnel, just remove the straw)
Also, I drilled holes to hold different sized vials in a piece of two-by-four for confidence in dry transfers.

Last edited:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Get everything spinning (whirlpool like) before you turn it upside down to dump it, and then keep it spinning (don't go crazy) once you've got it in the gold collection bottle you're dumping it into, and any fine gold will usually get spun out that's hung up on the sides or elsewhere.

Always, always do it over a gold pan or large bowl (like Fullpan says). All kinds of crazy things can and will happen from time to time, and more than once I've been very happy I was pouring my gold into bottles over a gold pan.

Of course, if all you do is pan out nuggets and pickers, then you won't need to worry about spinning the sucker/sniffer/snifter/snuffer bottles (man, there's a lot of names for the exact same thing, isn't there?!), as those chunky pieces will usually slide right out with the gravity's assistance only.

All the best,

Lanny

Last edited:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do everything underwater... in a large mixing bowl or such. Then, everything is smooth and transfers nicely. After inverting the snifter bottle, give it a tap or two to make sure all drops to the vial. TTC

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:

AlwaysBusyJ

Feb 9, 2013
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a problem transferring from a snuffer bottle awhile back. I was using my garret gold guzzler and my issue was that part of the lid was made lower than the straw hole, so when I turn the bottle upside down the gold stays in the bottle and can't get out through the straw! I ended up going to the local craft store and purchased some small paint transfer squeeze bottles, they were about $2 for a dozen of them, and you can cut the plastic tip of the straw to whatever size you want. Works great!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wash the snuffer bottle parts in a fullish pan of clean water and then transfer the gold from the pan to the bottle with a suction pipette (sometimes called suction tweezers). Much better control that way :)

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a problem transferring from a snuffer bottle awhile back. I was using my garret gold guzzler and my issue was that part of the lid was made lower than the straw hole, so when I turn the bottle upside down the gold stays in the bottle and can't get out through the straw! I ended up going to the local craft store and purchased some small paint transfer squeeze bottles, they were about $2 for a dozen of them, and you can cut the plastic tip of the straw to whatever size you want. Works great!

You didn't take the straw out.

AlwaysBusyJ

Feb 9, 2013
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You didn't take the straw out.

...even with the straw out, the hole the straw goes in has an edge that sticks up above the rest of the lid on the inside by about half an inch, still can't figure out why they designed it that way.

OP
OP
Doitlaynstyle

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
...even with the straw out, the hole the straw goes in has an edge that sticks up above the rest of the lid on the inside by about half an inch, still can't figure out why they designed it that way.

Ya that's exactly how the one I got from Garrett is. Weird lid

phishisgroovin

May 24, 2012
Kent, Wa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I empty all the water & gold into a small pan, cook off water with the stove & then pour gold onto a piece of paper with creases i folded into it and pour it into a clean vile.
I prefer not to have water in my vile, its easier to look at the gold with my loupe.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just put it in Mason Jar, eventually it will fill up! :)

gold-trailer-490x276.jpg

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah, I hardly had enough last year to cover the bottom of one of those! lol

The only good from GoldRush is seeing all the gold. :D

farooq shah

Greenie
Jun 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear all we have started mining in Pakistan and recent we discover gold sand, Would request to please kindly guide me easy way to how we can recover maximum gold from sand

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet, farooq! - suggest you spend at least a week studying all the sub-forums on the Gold Prospecting Forum (Sluicing, Panning, etc.) There are
many talks about equipment to use. This equipment can be built at home sometimes, or order it from the many dealers. Once you know about equipment
and watch the many videos, please return to ask more questions. Good Luck!

2020hindsite

May 28, 2013
Free
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know if this will help at all but I use a finishing pan to eliminate all the black sand by carefully snuffing gold up and tossing out the sand. Then dumping the snuffer back into the pan. I repeat until there is nothing left but gold.
I then get all the gold to one side of the pan and suck out ONLY WATER. I let the pan dry for a day or two then carefully dump the pan onto a piece of black thick construction paper.
I fold the paper in half and the gold form a nice conga line right into a jar or vial.
This is probably a very hillbilly method of gold transfer but its cheap, works well and is easy.
Just saying...

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear all we have started mining in Pakistan and recent we discover gold sand, Would request to please kindly guide me easy way to how we can recover maximum gold from sand

For a low tec way with no need for special equipment, water, or gasoline, do a google search on "winnowing for gold"

Also do a search on "drywashing for gold"
GG~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions