So close I can taste it

KyDigNQueen

May 30, 2016
KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The weather was beautiful and cool this morning so I went out to a school I've been eyeing for awhile. It's not exceptionally old but I figured I'd at least find some clad. Was hoping for some jewelry finds, as well. I did find $4.19 in clad and a Sweda quartz padlock watch. When I got home and cleaned up the quarters I was surprised to see I had a 1965 Quarter. Ugh, so close!! This is the oldest quarter I have found to date. I also pulled quarters from 66, 67,68, 70 and 73. I have been researching like crazy and feel like I'm on the verge of striking silver any day now. I sure am ready. Thanks for looking and HH! 20160903_202710.jpg 20160903_202640.jpg

Upvote 22

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GoOD job on all the finds, you are very close to that silver!, that atpro is a perfectly capable machine to sniff it out!, I used to run mine in pro zero with iron discriminated out to 35, had lots of luck with it, good luck with yours!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the hunt!

Keep at it and the silver will "pop out" of the plug when you least expect it! :icon_thumleft:

GL & HH

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
You'll find it. Keep hunting and it'll come.

Took a novice to a site recently and handed him the ATPro set up pro coin. He digs a silver dime in 15 minutes at 7". I was thinking, "You've got to be kidding me". He ended up beating me with my own machine and no experience whatsoever. Might have hooked another into the hobby at least. 8-)

Good luck. Keep swingin!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's 12 quarters up there. You're digging all the 86- 87 signals. Don't worry, if your coil goes over a silver quarter,, get the coin folder ready.
Congrats on a nice hunt.

MrBlueSkyNM

Apr 18, 2016
New Mexico
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Teknetics T2 Classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on researching a new site! I sure hope you find something really good there! JEWELRY!!! Best of luck!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver is coming KyDigNQueen. It's coming!
Yeap it will.

Some of us talk of the Gold Dance, I think a Silver version of that is on the cards....

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on all the clad. I think the silver Gods are going to shine on you very soon. Your just getting warmed up with all this practice digging !

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt, be patient and the silver will surface. Slow down and cover a small area very well. Keep in mind the silver will probably be laying next to some iron and your detector will find it!

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GoOD job on all the finds, you are very close to that silver!, that atpro is a perfectly capable machine to sniff it out!, I used to run mine in pro zero with iron discriminated out to 35, had lots of luck with it, good luck with yours!
Haven't used anything but pro zero for more than a couple hours since I got mine a couple of years ago. Run from 0-40 disc, but never anything higher.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a good hunt, and believe me when I say you will dig a butt-load of 65 Washingtons...I probably dug over 2 dozen before I dug my first silver Washington..but then again, it wasn't until I got on some older dirt that I started stacking silver quarters, once I got my first one, they started falling into my pouch with regularity..they will come, you'll see a big fat 88-89-90 on VDI and prepare to find shiny in the hole! Keep hunting and they will come...ddf

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Congrats!

They are out there, those silver quarters, they pop up when you lest expect it!
....i think they are trying to give us heart failure!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NICE BUNCHA COINAGE ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread