So excited!!!!

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pulled up to my house today, and saw a box sitting at my door...

I got out of the car and walked over to the box. I glanced at it as I was reaching for my regular "I don't want this" mail. I saw who the box was from and immediately dropped everything to grab the box and run inside to tear it open!

I know, I know.... "What's in the box!?"

My new Garrett AT Pro and bonus pack! I am so flippin excited to use this thing. I tested it in my back yard for just a couple of minutes just to get a feel for it. I also have recently joined my local club, made some cards, a custom shirt and have gotten an amazing permission. I think I'm ready... just have to remember to put my pants on :laughing7:

By the way, if there's anyone in the Catonsville area in MD, hit me up!

Cheers everyone and HH!

Last edited:

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
The amazing permission sounds promising. Looking forward to your next post! Good luck out thar! HH ALL

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
excellent ... now get out there and use that thing!!!:headbang:

OP
OP
HunterMF

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Xr7ator- the permission is an old farm that possibly dates back to original settlements of MD... I'm stoked because I think it's never been hunted!

Angelito1- you know I'm getting my money's worth out of it! :icon_thumright:

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love your enthusiasm! look forward to your post.

HH, RN

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on joining the hobby. Get yourself a good digger and pinpointer, practice digging and retrieving targets you will be all set.

OP
OP
HunterMF

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on joining the hobby. Get yourself a good digger and pinpointer, practice digging and retrieving targets you will be all set.

Thank you Susan! I did a little bit of detecting before with my Ace 250, but as you can imagine the Ace 250 is very limited. I have a Pro Pointer and a Lesche shovel so I am well prepared to find some amazing things lost for 150+ years in the ground :icon_thumright:

kha924

Jan 29, 2017
NWPA 814
Detector(s) used
LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had the same experience todays wasnt an ATpro but sure is a good feeling for spring coming hopefully for your sake its a little warmer in MD...

Driftwoood

Mar 31, 2016
Schoharie County, NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did the same as you... started out with the 250 and then maybe a year and a half later got the AT Pro. My only recommendation is to get the small ( I think it's 8") DD coil for it as soon as you can... the stock coil is great for fields and such, but for home sites that may be trashy (iron nails and stuff), your 250 will likely find more. I use both coils for the AT Pro and love the machine... hope you have good luck with yours! Rock on!!!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too love your enthusiasm , but yeah do remember to put your britches on before you go to your awesome permission !

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HunterMF, Forget your former life, you are hooked. You will assimilate, resistance is futile.

Jamie1993

Feb 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congtats on the AT Pro HunterMF, I know how you feel about getting the AT Pro. I couldn't wait to get it out of the box. I had it assembled and hunting my backyard in about thirty minute. Found my first Merc in about five minutes. Hopefully you purchased the 5x8 DD, it works great in trashy areas. I don't live far from you, I'm on the other side of the tunnels about 30 to 45 minutes away. Send me a PM if you ever want to get together.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions