goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Alright guys! Time to fess up on if you were a good Miner this year or a bad one! What if any mining gear did the fat man in red bring you?

I myself must have been a baaaadddd boy. Far as mining gear goes, all I got was a lump of coal in my stocking! He must have gotten me confused with another type of miner since I don't dig for coal. I'll have to write him a note and remind him that I'm a gold miner and he should have left a big gold nugget instead of that lump of coal. I'm sure it was some kind of clerical error on the part of some elf..... :icon_scratch:

Upvote 0

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Contact his people and see if you can sell it back to them!!

He's getting old too! He gets things mixed up! I think he's around 270 years old?

Last edited:

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got a 3700 gph bilge pump for a project.
Annnnd a 1/10 double eagle! GOLLLDDDD!

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
LOL goldenIrishman
All I got for Christmas was a certified letter.....and it wasn't from Santa.

infotraker

Dec 20, 2013
Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bought myself a detector harness to keep my shoulders from giving out after hours of swinging.

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nothing under my tree..being in the hospital..didn't even get a tree

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Santa didn't being me my Bazookas. Not even the baby bazooka mini. I've been a good girl too!

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Santa and I have a deal. I share good gold spots to explore in his free time (he has a LOT of free time) and he lets me take notes from his list of girls who have been bad. :laughing7:

Heavy Pans

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry to hear that GP...hope they fix you proper this time and get you back home. Maybe this will cheer you up a bit...

redwoods.jpg

Sorry...didn't decorate this year.

And what did I get? I was a good little miner and got:

A drag racing video from my time (70's) that I didn't know even existed.

Wheels of Fire Drag Racing Movie DVD 1973 | eBay

An oldie but goodie early rock book by Petersen,

Suction tweezers...10x Gold Suction Tweezers Prospecting Pan Panning Dredge Sluice Fast Free 7ml 6" | eBay

A 24" x 7" .063 Aluminum sluice box body for the Miller Table. 24" x 7" 063 Aluminum Sluice Box Body DIY Dredge Gold Mining Prospecting | eBay

and....

Last but certainly best, my new custom crafted AZViper Miller Table is almost done! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/443477-jeff-s-rubber-mat-miller-table.html

BTW Jeff, got some news I'll share on the ph w/you tomorrow, still land line?

Last edited:
OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Hefty: Well I hope it was good news at least

Russau: ahhh so you're the one that got the perpetual fruitcake of death! Most people don't know it, but there has only been one fruitcake made. It just gets passed down to the next victim each year. The rest of the time it doubles as a door stop.

Clay: Hey man! Ya gotta share the wealth here brudda! (If ya don't I'll Let Ruby know about that deal with Santa! At least I'm single)

Grasshopper: you got it man. house phone

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
Bought myself a detector harness to keep my shoulders from giving out after hours of swinging.

Question for all you gold MD folks;

Is swinging an MD hard on ones lower back?

I have a real bad one, and just a slight bend at the waist sets off the dogs barking.

I have an old Fisher VLF detector(1970's) it does a double beep for gold only, but you have to constantly reset the ground balance.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It can be if not set up. I have a bad back also after an accident decades ago and as long as I set the detector up with a sling, it works great for me. It will hurt between the shoulder blades until you get used to it like with anything else. I took the quick attach bungi - Catalog Page 2
and mounted it to my back pack which took the weight of the detector and balanced it perfectly. When I wasn't using it, the detector could hang with no effort needed to hold onto it. The Swingy Thingy, which is the modified version still sold by Doc works the same :thumbsup:
4063.jpeg

Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't seen Ruby around lately. Last I saw her she was going for a ride with Santa. :laughing7:

Happy Holidays Jeff! :thumbsup:

After reading this thread, I'm not so sure about this Santa guy! He's getting confused between gold and coal,making side deals,and running off with the ladies!:laughing7:

Last edited:

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
Reed, thanks for the info!

I may try this with my friends White detector. Now comes the hard part; digging! That's a deal killer!

But if I take a strong young 'un with me to do my digging, that is not very smart, that may work!

Keep up the great work you do Reed, you have our admiration as a top mining guy!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread