so ill silver find, what to do?

LVSPARKY

Greenie
Jan 24, 2008
sin city las vegas
Detector(s) used
mxt, dfx, coin master, eagle spectrum, idx and radio shack special
well, not really sure where to start, i went to school in so ill (high school)mom and dad still live there, anyway i had gotten a lead on a money cache bury in so illin on a orchard, i did do a little research from vegas trying to find the owner, with no luck. after 2 days of looking and asking questions concerning the orchard i found it(with the help of some old timers that have lived in so ill for 80 years or better, i was told of a old story that dates back to the civil war times by the old timers and was handed down by there fathers, after doing more reseach i found the orchard like i said, and a old fondation where a farm had been, this is where i started my search after days of looking i found some old mason jar: filled with coins. to be up front with you i think it is owned by the state or the bank, with that being said im not willing to share with them!!! would you? i have talked to the old timers i cant repeat what they said but i think you get the idea, i would like to go back and finish the hunt but im afraid of being questioned word speads fast there is this little town, some people have seen my finds and have gotten calls on the find from the news paper, no ihavnt answered there calls. so my question is do i tell the story and lose the rest of the cache or keep closed mouth about it? and go back at a latter date. got any ideas?

You can repeat what the old-timers advised, we'll need that info to add to the report anyway.

Hey, let's just keep it hush hush and only talk about it on this almost public forum.

low batts.
you know i think this land is owned by the bank and half owned by the state, i really dont know what the laws are about finding coins on state land or how the bank will react, the old timers told me there dad,s knew the old guy that owen the land over 100 years ago, the old man that owned it died at the age of 107, he would brag about the amount of money he ownedand buried.

Simple rules:

1. It would pay to know whoever owns whatever land you are on, be it detecting or landing the mother ship.

B. If you're going to hunt on someone else's land anyway, w/o regard for who owns it, and then post that news publicly... Hmmm, I'll let you finish that thought.

And thirdly, congrats on your find, enjoy it and all that comes with it.

P.S. That's not how we roll around here. We hunt legitimate sites with fully legal expectations regarding our activity and recoveries.

I would say, better hurry up and bury that jar of coins somewhere. Then go back with a MIB flashy thingy and erase everyone's memory, erase this post, and then go start selling your coins through different channels. Other options would be, move to Mexico and enjoy your treasure, or hand over the money to the land owner and hope for a reward (good luck with that one though). This is exactly why you should always hunt with permission, and have a clear expectation as to what you get to do with the finds, and also... never dig up a sweet cache and post about it on a public forum. Don't tell your friends, don't even tell yourself!

To be blunt,do not even post it on this forum, read Post by Andy Sabish on the finds forum on treasuremart I believe it is he hits it on the head,great you found it and relish the fact you did, keep it to yourself and family but even family will leak info. I had a bad incident in the 70's and learned then to keep it to myself and all the real great finds are on my property. Hardrock

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back