So Im going to buy a bazooka

There is nothing on their website about that deal that I could find, and there are rarely deals of free shipping to Alaska. Wish it were true then I could take the mini on bush planes when traveling for work! Thanks orviking I'll keep my eye out for that deal.

Maybe one of us locals could pick it up and ship it to you?

Should I sell my keene sluice box? Should I get a bazooka? :dontknow:

Hmmm let's see? It is easier to pack, set up, clean out and oh yeah catches more gold. Yeah I would get the Bazooka. In fact I got two.

Maybe one of us locals could pick it up and ship it to you?

I wonder if I could find someone to pick it up, what other shipping options would be and there costs... Hmmm...

I wonder if I could find someone to pick it up, what other shipping options would be and there costs... Hmmm...
I'd suggest you call them directly to ask for some creativity on getting it to you. They are great guys and very helpful...

Maybe find someone in your area in AK putting a container together for sea shipping this spring...and have Bazooka mail your sluices to the container packing company?

Thanks Kevin I'll have to call them see what we can work up, I've got a few folks who always have something coming from Seattle on the barge. Maybe it could hop a ride in the front seat of a excavator! I can see it now a BGT seat belted in riding along enjoying the view. On their new website I can't see an address, just reference to N. Cal. Does anyone know what city they are in, I've seen reference to others picking up there sluices...

Do whatever it takes to get one. Let me know if I can help!

Thanks Kevin I'll have to call them see what we can work up, I've got a few folks who always have something coming from Seattle on the barge. Maybe it could hop a ride in the front seat of a excavator! I can see it now a BGT seat belted in riding along enjoying the view. On their new website I can't see an address, just reference to N. Cal. Does anyone know what city they are in, I've seen reference to others picking up there sluices...

Please email us with a complete shipping address. AK is a PITA when it comes to shipping, but I may be able to get you a better rate.

Chris- BGC

Hey that new bazooka site is looking pretty sweet! Aufisher looks like some familiar pics made the cut8-)
AlaskaGold bazooka is located in Placerville CA. Get some!

BURP! thanks ill post pics when i either make it or have my works sheet metal guy make it. i wish i could get some of the material like the BGT is made out of and make it out of that! i was thinking if done right the water pressure would wedge it into the flare and it would help keep rocks and stuff from going into the bottom channel. i was also thinking of putting a small bracket on each side so that its possible to a metal stake down through. get to the river, put the flare in the water stake it down and drop you sluice in it and your ready to go!

Nice idea, but with the hand strap, you can put one metal stake through it and because of the "V" form, just put the other metal stake on the opposite side and the Bazooka won't move. I love the pictures so far! Thanks.

You've gone too far to turn back now, just measure twice and drill once. I would put two 1/4" holes on each side, one 1 inch down from the top and the other below the slick plate an inch up from the bottom. Use wing nuts on the outside to make diss-assembly and re-assembly tool-less.

GG~

My dad always used to say, "measure twice, cut once." He's been gone about 3 years now and I appreciate the memory that just popped into my head because of your "measure twice, drill once" comment. Besides, it is just good procedure. :)

Cool old Chinese (or Japanese) coin I'd say.

Yes, I think Chinese. I will try to get one of my cadets to translate. I have several who are fluent in Chinese; many born here or some in China but their parents moved here when they were little. If I find out this has not been determined, I will have a cadet do it. I have not read the rest of the thread yet.... I often just write what is on my mind when I read the comment, so bear with me while I read on ahead. :)

Pretty paranoid Ed! If I found a honey hole 20 years ago, it would be empty by now!!

Here's a shot of my -50 cons from today's quick after- work dig. I used the shake and tap method to dance the gold out of the cons and then just set the pan down to snap a shot :) View attachment 934113

Very nice!

I know this thread is older but I thought I would post an update to my quest to buy a BGT. I went online to make my purchase of a new prospector, added to my cart and saw the shipping was over a hundred bucks. Ouch! So I can't justify buying a sluice that cost me almost as much to ship as it does for the unit. And I wondered why I've never seen one in Alaska! Guess I'm out for a new Keene I can pick locally for 135 bucks. I will continue to watch you all run shovel after shovel with no classifying! Lucky sons of guns! Thanks for your input everyone!

Or you could do a DIY Bazooka. Goodguy and AstroBouncer among others have excellent plans posted here.

I wonder how one of these sluices would work in a 2 inch dredge ? just build a flair to adapt to the sluice.....HMMM?

I've been contemplating this for a year now... I've thought about the "miner" model and building a flair for a 4-6" gravity dredge. I've been told it might be to much material to process though... Still curious though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back