So Ive been taking vitamins....

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
So I've been taking vitamins....

Started at the start of last week (1 week in as of today). I used to get home at night and site right down on the couch and be dead tired. These last few days, I've gotten home and paced around the living room because I have extra energy. I'm taking the walgreens vitamen c package (where I mix it with about 3 swallows of water for a 'breakfast'), and then right after lunch I'll take A and E. The 'C' packet also has niacin, b6 and b12 and a few others. ... I feel like a half of a new man has been added to my energy. Great feeling... I used to take the all in one 'multi-vitamin', but it doesn't do anything for me. I've heard that taking a multi vitamin doesn't do that good because taking one with the other counters the effect.

-just an fyi.
I'll add that A and E are supposed to fix up the liver and it's systems... like the gal bladder and connecting panreas.

'

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: So I've been taking vitamins....

Good for you!!

Vitamin C has to be taken every single day, because it is a water-soluble vitamin, and, your body just gets rid of every bit you don't use (and it does it constantly - which is why, sometimes, it will/can change the color of your urine).

Calcium and Vitamin D go hand in hand - if you don't have enough vitamin D, you can take calcium until the cows come home, because, without Vitamin D, the body cannot even absorb it - no matter what the vitamin company people tell you.

And, different amounts of all vitamins are needed by different ages, different sexes, and different life styles. If you get good sun, you absorb vitamin d. If you are a house plant, you don't.

Multivitamins don't cancel each other out - that's a myth. However, what the problem is with a multi-vitamin, is that they cannot tailor themselves for an individual. They do, usually, provide minerals that most singular vitamins do not.

The A and E vitamins don't "fix up" the liver, gal bladder and pancreas - however, the liver takes everything you ever take into your body, strains out the stuff that is not good for the body - or that you have too much of - and sends it all where its supposed to go. The biggest problem with pancreas and gall bladder is what is known as "homeostasis" irregularities. Homeostasis is just the body's state of trying to maintain a specific acid-base balance, and things like extra bad fats, certain meds, and some other things can mess that up. The body tries to bring it all back into normality. For instance, people with stomach problems, like heartburn, if they take too many rolaids, it causes an alkalinity in the system - so, the body tries to "fix" that, by.........making more acid. Unfortunately, alkalinity also causes gall stones - and, kidney stones. So, things like cranberry juice - or salads, etc., that have vinegar, help the body to maintain its equalibrium.

A is a necessity for your immune system, growth and development of your cells - and your skin.
E is an important antioxidant - it helps keep cells healthy and is super important for red blood cells (back to the liver, again)

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better.

I'm curious - what is included in your "vitamin C package"?

Beth

olroy70

Feb 3, 2011
gainesville, tx
Detector(s) used
Garret 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

niacin. good for cholesterol! my doc has me on lots of it!!!!

K

Kentucky Kache

mrs.oroblanco said:
Calcium and Vitamin D go hand in hand - if you don't have enough vitamin D, you can take calcium until the cows come home, because, without Vitamin D, the body cannot even absorb it - no matter what the vitamin company people tell you.

The same is true for vitamin C and iron. The C helps you absorb the iron.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

KentuckyKache,

Yep, you are right!! There is a reason why some docs say to take "multi" vitamins. Your body uses them all, and in concert with each other.

I know that, since I went on a good vitamin regiment a few years ago, it helped alot.

Funny - didn't really know it was helping, until one year everyone around me got the flu and I did not (and no flu shot). I realized my immune system was doing much better.

Its a funny thing - sometimes you don't realize how bad you feel, until you feel better, but, its true. :dontknow: :read2: :thumbsup:

Beth

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005

Glad to hear you are taking charge of your system with vitamins. The B vitamins are your energy vitamins. C will increase your immunity to colds and flu. D is sunshine as well as k. Minerals are also important for your health, as we do not get hardly any from the foods we eat because our lands have been depleated of minerals since 1930's. Calcium, chromium, copper, gold, iron, magnesium, potassium, silver, and vanadium are needed to maintain a healthy system. Without these minerals you are subject to a host of diseases. Cancer, Diabetes, heart failure, and strokes are caused by deficiencies in minerlas. There are also some to avoid, aluminum, lead and mercury are toxic to your system, causing another host of problems. Detoxing can eliminate some of these but rarely can get rid of all these heavy metals. Also some vitamins and minerals will pass through your system before they can be utilized. Use quick release or coloidal (liquid) for best absorbability. If I could only take one mineral it would be magnesium.
Hopefully this brief post will help you decide what you need or want. I have been taking a muti every day for 10 years.Good Luck. rockhound

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread