So lets hear your in put on highbanker dredge combo

OP
OP
L

lyco panner

Sep 2, 2012
I personally like the idea of the viper with a 2.5 dredge. Set up Should be easy to pack back in a half mile walk. Except for the pump. Lol

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Get a proline or keene 2.5" highbanker dredge combo. Its just barley pricier than gold hog but when you hit bedrock 6" underwater and cant dredge the bedrock clean you will KICK yourself. Your best gold wont be found unless you can suck it off the bedrock.

Merc

Greenie
Jun 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it was me and this is what I started to do. I would get the Keene 1753H mounted on their PFA45A Kit.

This gives you a 3" dredge & high banker dredge combo system. I already have a Keene 4" three stage dredge so all I will need is the 1753H. I found a Honcoop high banker dredge combo without the pump for $550 and I grabbed it. It only has a 2" dredge so I am not sure how I will like that but the fact I can dredge with it and have my friends or my son(s), free labor, feeding in buckets of material at the same time i am dredging means more material can be ran on both systems. I have heard very good things about the Honcoop and it is suppose to be a fine gold magnet. If the Honcoop had a 3" dredge combo on it, I would go with it and adapt it to my floats. The bigger the dredge the more material you can run through it and the more gold you get per hour of use.

This Keene set up gives you the best of both worlds. It gives you a high banker when you do not have enough water to float it and is easier to move when you do have the water.

I may still end up with one of these before it is over with. I will know in a few months when things warm up more...

Good luck with what ever you set up you choose.

OP
OP
L

lyco panner

Sep 2, 2012
I wish I could find a honcoop. I've heard a lot of good things about it too , but maybe someday I'll find one at the right price

farnorcal

Greenie
Jan 19, 2014
redding, ca
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i swear by my 2" jobe highbanker dredge combo!!! i added an additional 45 yellow jacket sluice, makes a 6ft sluice box. got rid of original grizzly and added a 1/2 inch flat expanded metal peice. i glued down 6ft of ribbed rubber matting then two 3ft sections of miners moss and two 3ft sections of expanded metal then finally the riffles. i catch all my gold.

farnorcal

Greenie
Jan 19, 2014
redding, ca
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
2" jobe combo!!! they all work. all depends on your angle and water flow!!! its all bout trial and error.

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Get a proline or keene 2.5" highbanker dredge combo. Its just barley pricier than gold hog but when you hit bedrock 6" underwater and cant dredge the bedrock clean you will KICK yourself. Your best gold wont be found unless you can suck it off the bedrock.
I agree 100 percent .. Woulnt touch a gold hog machine ...

Dain8404

Jan 31, 2013
Colby, KS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So im just wondering why everyone is against a GoldHog machine? I have been debating about ordering one (my first dredge/highbanker) and was thinking the stacking highbanker. I would like to know why the negative reviews? Have you had hands on experience or know someone who has one? What happened? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Dain8404

Jan 31, 2013
Colby, KS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I guess i dont understand why you couldn't dredge 6" underwater with a GH machine? Wouldnt that be because of pump selection and restrictions?

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I guess i dont understand why you couldn't dredge 6" underwater with a GH machine? Wouldnt that be because of pump selection and restrictions?
There's a huge difference in the machines ! Suction power ect .
Both the keene and proline are good proven machines some like one over the other but either in my opinion are better than the gh machines.
Plus the suport behind them !

Dain8404

Jan 31, 2013
Colby, KS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a huge difference in the machines ! Suction power ect . Both the keene and proline are good proven machines some like one over the other but either in my opinion are better than the gh machines. Plus the suport behind them !

Well me being somewhat new to dredging/highbanking (i am a stream sluicer) Wouldnt the length of the sluice for the dredge be too short and longer be better since the flow is running much faster and pushing more material than running a stream sluice? Wouldnt this cause it to "flatboard" and not allow the fines to drop properly? That is why i was thinking GH machine. The stacking HB has almost 100 inches of sluice bed. Just wondering.

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well me being somewhat new to dredging/highbanking (i am a stream sluicer) Wouldnt the length of the sluice for the dredge be too short and longer be better since the flow is running much faster and pushing more material than running a stream sluice? Wouldnt this cause it to "flatboard" and not allow the fines to drop properly? That is why i was thinking GH machine. The stacking HB has almost 100 inches of sluice bed. Just wondering.
I believe the gh is only a high banker is it not... While the other machines r truly a dredge and high banker combo.

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I believe the gh is only a high banker is it not... While the other machines r truly a dredge and high banker combo.
So the gh machine you will only feed with a shovel and both proline and keene you can suck up the creeks bottoms with the hose and no shovel involved
Unless I'm wrong of course ..

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well right away I notice your powering with a trash pump
Instead of a dredge pump like a p180 or hp series from proline ..
The trash pump has a limited capacity and won't produce enough suction to operate a normal dredge properly .
Second looks to me like this video was shot in A man garage or basement with a large black sheet for the back ground ...
I'd rather deal with someone a little more established and maybe a better track record..
Third watch all of his videos and look at the claims someone who tells you there's virtually no gold loss is selling you something that isn't true
All dredge ,high bankers and wash plants have a certain percent of looses... It just the fact but instead of ligit testing we find folks who drop a tote behind a dredge for a short period of time and call it virtually no losses.. That not right if you ask keene or proline and they will tell ya straight up there unit have losses....
Ya have to wonder if someone isn't being honest with ya about loses what els are they telling ya that's not true!
Now this is just my insight.... I just about jumped on some matting from gold hog for my dredge about 900 dollars worth..
Can't walk into any place and buy it and when asking around I find that when most of the folks who have put it into there dredges take it back out..
Because it doesn't work well in dredges,,, I think doc has some great ideas and like the way the matt is put together. But I hate they way he try's to sell his products...
Like I said nothing is perfect and when someone try's to sell ya on how perfect there's is ya have to wonder what there hiding..

The proline and keene units are drastically different there more rugged have float system and area basically dredges with the ability to convert to a high banker .

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would recommend renting or going out to a group out and at least watch some of these units in action....if not use them..
I think you will clearly see a difference in them ..
To get you started I'd recommend buying a used 3to 4" dredge and buy a high banker later with money you saved buying used...
All you will need would be the sluice as your dredge would already have the pump foot valve ..
Think you find thou feeding a high banker gets old! And quick .

One more thought is call the tech line for gold hog ,keene and proline,
Or at least try think you find a big pointer there if you can't get suport what good is the equipment ....

Dain8404

Jan 31, 2013
Colby, KS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well right away I notice your powering with a trash pump Instead of a dredge pump like a p180 or hp series from proline .. The trash pump has a limited capacity and won't produce enough suction to operate a normal dredge properly . Second looks to me like this video was shot in A man garage or basement with a large black sheet for the back ground ... I'd rather deal with someone a little more established and maybe a better track record.. Third watch all of his videos and look at the claims someone who tells you there's virtually no gold loss is selling you something that isn't true All dredge ,high bankers and wash plants have a certain percent of looses... It just the fact but instead of ligit testing we find folks who drop a tote behind a dredge for a short period of time and call it virtually no losses.. That not right if you ask keene or proline and they will tell ya straight up there unit have losses.... Ya have to wonder if someone isn't being honest with ya about loses what els are they telling ya that's not true! Now this is just my insight.... I just about jumped on some matting from gold hog for my dredge about 900 dollars worth.. Can't walk into any place and buy it and when asking around I find that when most of the folks who have put it into there dredges take it back out.. Because it doesn't work well in dredges,,, I think doc has some great ideas and like the way the matt is put together. But I hate they way he try's to sell his products... Like I said nothing is perfect and when someone try's to sell ya on how perfect there's is ya have to wonder what there hiding.. The proline and keene units are drastically different there more rugged have float system and area basically dredges with the ability to convert to a high banker .

Good info. Thanks for the reply. Im just super hesitant about getting a dredge. I know i want to just getting all the input and info before i make a purchase. Thank you for your thoughts! It is very much appreciated and useful!

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good info. Thanks for the reply. Im just super hesitant about getting a dredge. I know i want to just getting all the input and info before i make a purchase. Thank you for your thoughts! It is very much appreciated and useful!
Watch craiglist and stick with a unit that's not too old keene or proline only ... No homemade crap some of them work but you'll never know until you run them
Not sure what what you werelooking to spend but you can find a 4" keene for 1500 to 2500 and usally you get the air system dive equipment pans dive weights
All kinds of goodies free with the purchase. You can save up later and buy they high banker portion much cheaper or even find one used...
Also checkout gpoc and southern prospector web site and you will find some fellas near you and go and learn more befor you buy...
Not far from you is Crisson gold mime they have a lot equipment you can walk in and look at in there show room.. They also have pretty good cons to play with...

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Not so much against gold hog at all! Doc is a good guy with a good product that he stands behind.
Keene and proline have had many years to get their product efficient, forgiving, and durable. How many keene dredges are still on the water after 15 years and since the 90's? The answer. ALOT. The requirements to switch to a dredge from highbanker are easy and parts readily available.
If you like gold hog go for it.
Ill be the one with a heavy yellow sluice! Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread