So lets hear your in put on highbanker dredge combo

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good info from the guys.

Also the Jet tube and dredge pump combo will suck deeper than a suction nozzle and trash pump. Something to consider once you start dredging the hole always gets deeper
If you are getting good gold would you stop at 1 foot, 2 foot deep or when the gold stops. Most suction nozzles can only push material so far to your box.

Answer = Bedrock :headbang:

Notsuredomus

Aug 12, 2012
Classic Hill Mine, Siskiyou County
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Whites GMT
Garret ProPointer
Bazooka Gold Trap Super Prospector
Fossicker Production Pan
Proline 3in Dredge/Highbanker Combo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually I am not sure how the Gold Hog Combo couldn't have every bit as much suck since Gold Hog does not sell motors or pumps. Your Gold Hog Combo could be paired up with any pump or motor of your choosing. Myself I just got a Proline 3in. Dredge/Highbanker Combo from a friend with a 6.5HP Honda with the Keene 330GPM pump and he through in a T-80 just in case. Good Suction and way more water pressure than are required so I idle it down quite a bit. That thing sucked the glove off my hand as I tried to clear a rock. This is my 1st motorized mining tool. Lots of fun

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have been dredging for 35 years. Started with a 3 inch Keene crash box system. Then went to 4 inch Keene flare triple. I have a Proline combo and have also had Keene combo's as well. I have used 2 inch systems and 2.5's as well. Would not ever recommend smaller than a 3 inch system if you have adequate water to run 3 or 4's.
Proline is really a great combo and I don't know of any reason to stray from a Proline. With a 3 inch Proline combo you can "boom" if you have to recirc your tailing water....(flat hose back up to sluice power jet).

bejay

ssdevilfish

Jan 8, 2014
Hi bejay got a question or two for yea. Friend and I just bought 2 1/2 inch Keene dredge banker combo. Thing is we are total rookies and wondering if you had a type of checklist we could use on set up and other things you may know that can help us get started without such a huge learning curve. Appreciate any advice or info you may have. It has the classifier and all the best attachments. Figured go with it so we did.

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well lets go to the dredge part of the combo. My Keene combo had the intake hole at the top of the hopper. I found it necessary to cover the rear portion of the hopper (where the hi bank gravels get grizzlied off) with a piece of "made to fit" plastic (fastened with Gorilla Tape). Then I did the same for the top: as the water intake with gravels coming in splashed all over and out of the hopper. Thus I actually created a crash box dredge system. A Proline enters at the bottom of the hopper, but I still cap off the back of the box with a "made to fit" cut out piece of plastic.

Sluice set up is pretty simple:
Water depth of sluice dictates the size of material one should allow to go over riffles. Rocks should never be out of water....they should flow down submerged. Depth can be controlled by sluice angle (steep....shallow water/// level sluice.....makes deeper water). Flow is what moves material and angle is what depletes buildup.
Riffles should be showing at least 1/4 of the gap clean. Miners moss is different though and much of it should be showing clear/clean of gravel build up.
When I set up I run for a few minutes to see how the sluice is running. Not to much buildup and not to little. Each sluice system has its own unique "showing" characteristics.
Biggest mistake I see miners doing is allowing the riffles to build up with material and thus they lose the riffle action and actually defeat the purpose of having riffles in a sluice.

bejay

Last edited:

ssdevilfish

Jan 8, 2014
Thanks for the info beejay. I'm going to be asking you a lot of questions and I hope you don't mind. But your reputation proceeds you and I need the knowledge. Thanks again.

Notsuredomus

Aug 12, 2012
Classic Hill Mine, Siskiyou County
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Whites GMT
Garret ProPointer
Bazooka Gold Trap Super Prospector
Fossicker Production Pan
Proline 3in Dredge/Highbanker Combo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The monster hog is an excellent machine. I would have gone with it but the price was to much new and I could not find a used one for sale.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread