So much sand....so little time.....

cobra

Nov 8, 2004
So much beach to cover.....so little time! Ernesto taketh the sand and Ernesto giveth back the sand! Where to go and when to get there?
That is the question. For us beach hunters this may be the best shot we'll have in a long time. I'm betting on the area north of Chuck's up to the PHH. Where there's little cobs surely there must be big cobs. Anybody going Thursday am?

Cobra

Upvote 0

mnm

May 17, 2006
So Cobra , what do you think ? When you say morning do you mean the maximum lowtide which is at like 11' ish or a.m when the sun comes up because theres no getting around me having to work so I would have to jump on the night hunt , stinking mosquitoes suck too , no pun , so don't forget the spray. I would take advantage because there is some erosion , not much -but better than what we have had as of late . Like I said earlier , you just never know . :)

Ocaliman

Apr 21, 2006
Ocala, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Im at the hotel in Vero, and have a 6 am wakeup call.. Batteries are charged, and I am ready to go.... Just one problem... Don't really know where exactly to go. Was planning on Wabasso, but am flexible.

J

jpat

muddy we might have some good hunting ourselfs by the week end

Ocaliman

Apr 21, 2006
Ocala, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
muddyknees said:
WELL YOUR ALL TO LATE MY BROTHER MIKE IS TEARING UP THE BEACH AROUND CHUCKS AS WE SPEAK. AND HES ONE LUCKLY CUSS WISH I WAS THERE.
MUDDYKNEES

Hope he had better luck than I did tonight. Went to Wabasso, where I met 2 guys coming out. Said they had no luck. Hunted for about 2 hours, and am the proud owner of a nickel, a quarter, and a hunk of what appears to be melted aluminum.. I am going to try tomorrow at first light... somewhere...

Silver Striker

Aug 2, 2006
Melbourne, Florida
Hey Ocaliman, if they don't know you, they are probably going to say that they didn't find anything, whether they did or not. Nobody wants to get robbed. Also, it seems like everyone and their uncle is hunting the Wabasso/Turtle Beach wrecks this go round. Since you are based in Vero, why not hit the Riomar or South Beach wrecks instead? According to my info, they should both be in the area between the two Vero Beach causeways (60 and 656). You may have those two beaches all to yourself, rather than fighting over Wabasso or Turtle Beach. JMHO and I really don't know what's going on down there yet. I'll be heading out at sunrise. SS

Silver Striker

Aug 2, 2006
Melbourne, Florida
Well, I chose to hunt a beach near the cabin wreck. Actually, I may have been about a half mile too far north, after checking the directions and the map again. My first choice of beaches was still closed when I got there, just before sunrise, so I had to improvise. But I didn't find anything at all. Not even a pulltab. So, don't feel bad about just finding a nickel and a quarter. All I have to show for my 2 1/2 hours of work is a lot of sand on my clothes/equipment, a few mosquito bites and a shell that I picked up. lol Anybody find anything good? SS

seas1to2

May 17, 2006
fl
those beachs are picked clean for sure. I spent 12 hours the other weekend an almost hit $2 in coins, best find was a 44 wheat in the wet sand.I did get about 1/2 pound of fishing lead.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread