Storm hunting Myrtle Beach, SC banned.

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
With the approach of storm "Ernesto" from FL and predicted to make a second landfall into the SC Grand Strand (Myrtle Beach-Charleston) area metal detecting has been banned until further notice.
The authorities have said, "We are giving exclusive beach hunting rights to xXx, and that's the law"! ::)
I will keep you posted on my incredible finds.
;D
xXx

Upvote 0

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
You found me out...dag nab it....you can't even trust the cops!!!

Well, be safe all...

HH...xXx (aka: Annmarie) LOL ;)

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
David
Lord willing and the creeks don't rise I will try to head your way Wen night or Thu morning. If I can get
all my loose ends tied up here in the mountains. Pick me up a extra detecting permit or two from the police
department I may bring a friend.

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a similar law in Florida (Thanks JEB), but we allow beach hunting, We just require that you have to drop off 50% of all the Booty at Wreckdiver1715's house for archaeological purposes, yea! thats the ticket.

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey David,

Whats the tides times looking like? I figure I might come down there and break the law too. ;D

OP
OP
xXx

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
Well, since the storm brushed us at low tide there was VERY little change in the beach. In fact, I hunted during the storm and found much less than I have been finding under normal hunting conditions. You did good in saving the gas money. I am going back out at low tide this evening to test it again.
I'll keep you posted.
xXx

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread