So..what is that ONE item you wish you had back..

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My comic book collection that my mother threw away. It included Amazing Fantasy #15 the first appearance of Spider-Man and other golden age comics. Plus original artwork from DC comics where my sisterinlaw worked as a secretary in the 60's.

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
My comic book collection that my mother threw away. It included Amazing Fantasy #15 the first appearance of Spider-Man and other golden age comics. Plus original artwork from DC comics where my sisterinlaw worked as a secretary in the 60's.

Oh, ouch! That's a tough one, L&F.

I can think of two. When I was kid we lived in Orange County, California. Being so close to Disneyland, I went there many times. The first visit, if memory serves, was in 1959. Anyway, the was a period of time when Disney was selling the original cel art from the animated movies. They put up a huge table in Fantasyland with thousands of the original cels available for purchase for $1.00 each. We bought a few. I remember having a Mickey Mouse and a Donald Duck picture thumb-tacked to my wall. My brothers had some similar pics. We abused them until they got ragged and I'm sure my Mom threw them away at some point. Imagine if we had purchased a few hundred of those and put them away in a safe place for 50 years. I would probably be living on a yacht somewhere right now.

The other situation came from a job I had in college in the late 1970s. As a student, I worked as a night watchman at this fish hatchery out in the middle of nowhere. The office was in this little trailer. One evening, I got to looking around and found a box full of old newspapers. Somebody had collected LA Times newspapers for every major event back into the 1920s or so. I asked the owner if he wanted them and he said no. I took them intending to hold on to them. When I graduated, I spent a few weeks at my parents house before moving to a new city. When I moved, I looked for the old newspapers but they were gone. It seems my mother had come across them during a routine house cleaning and thought they were trash so she dumped them. Never even bothered to ask me about them. >:(

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was kid we lived in Orange County, California. Being so close to Disneyland, I went there many times.(

I still live in the OC and i satay away from the house of the mouse as much as I can. Traffic is terrible and it seems every tourist forgets how to drive in that area.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my teeth

Attachments

• ugly_man-03.JPG
    ugly_man-03.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 75

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No actually it was my 1929 Type 35 Bugatti. A replica car I spent two years building. I got best in show at a big custom car show and a couple page story in a car magazine.

Did everybody notice how many of you guys told about their cars?

Last edited:

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 2 things I wish I had back, I had a Basebal card collection with cards from the 50's,60's & 70's that my step sister stole when I went into the Army in 83 and my first car a 68 Firebird, damn I had good times in that car!

cmaracing

Mar 30, 2012
New Bedford, Mass
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett PP.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yema and Sicura

Hi All,
I still have the Sicura but really wished I had not gotten rid of my Yema Ralygraf Super...

Attachments

• yema.JPG
    yema.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 76
  • yema and sicura.jpg
    yema and sicura.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 180

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I could have my 20 year old physical form with the brain I have today. I would then very much understand what all the hot women back then were trying to get me to understand in that dumb brain I had of those days gone buy. :BangHead: But if I could go back to the time after oil embargo and all gas guzzlers were selling cheap I would have gave the $1200. for this asking price of a 1970 Plymouth Superbird with a 440. That's a deal I'll always remember I let go. Frickin had the money on me, but thought it would be to much on gas and my buddies said it looked like it had a clothesline mounted on the back. I sure didn't want to disappoint those guys, as that was very important back then.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since everyone is mentioning their cars... of all the ones I've ever owned, I would wany my '76 Gran Torino S&H Special back. Had a b&b 351W and could smoke the tires clean off of it. I loved my striped tomato, more than I loved my '71 Mach I. guess where all my photos of it went? hint- see reply #18

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first car that was given to me that I sold cause i thought it was junk when I was 16 (1995)

1968 Cutlass supreme :BangHead:

Ended up selling it for 400 bucks (Running) and bought an 1988 CRX.....that blew its head gasket and warped the head about 6 months after owning

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To all the guys who miss their old cars...My first car was a 69 RS Camaro convertible, 350, dual quads, and open strip headers. I actually kept mine from '74 to 2011. Believe me it has never been the same as the old days. When you are young it's like Goldmaven said, you think you know everything. And you think you are invincible, you think you'll live forever and nothing can touch you. And the whole world was freedom. Four wheels, cheap gas, and two lane blacktops that will take a teenager anywhere.

I sold my Camaro for several thousand dollars in 2011, not because I needed money but because I realized I couldn't bring back my youth and freedom. That car was just a thing to enjoy freedom with. When you grow up you realize there is no real freedom...I guess I wasn't a car enthusiast after all, I was a freedom enthusiast. And without the freedom I didn't need the car...my 2 cents anyway.

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I would give just about anything to not have my first car. 1974 Mazda mizer. If you took that load of crud onto a highway, you had to avoid 54 mph. It would shake violently from 54 to 63 mph. Getting to 63 involved a long Hill on the downslope. I sold the car to a friend for $750 and guarantee it would make it to the end of the driveway. It made it and about 50 more miles.

gusser

Dec 23, 2013
Central Penna
Detector(s) used
copper dowsing rod and a smaller 1 for a pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I miss my 59 Bugeye. Great chick magnet in the day. Now I have to rely on my amazing good looks and modesty to get em.

rickn1

Dec 14, 2011
Southern Saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My 1947 Ford, business coupe with a 371 caddy engine and a 4 speed truck tranny. Traded for an 8 track player.

Last edited:

Ursus

Apr 3, 2009
Ohio
Well, my old cars can't compete with yours BUT there is something my ex "lost" in the divorce that I wish I still had. We started dating our senior years in high school and she went with her government class to Washington DC. Stayed at a nice hotel had had breakfast there at the same time with the Dallas Cowboys. Of course different people in her class were asking for autographs and my ex asked one player for an autograph for her boyfriend but she didn't know who he was. Fortunately for me she was talking to Roger Staubach. He found it humorous that she did not know him but he told her he would get her an autograph that I would love her forever for. So, on the hotel napkin, I had Roger Staubach, Tony Dorsett and Drew Pearson's autographs ... Addressed to me by Staubach. Had that framed and had it on the wall!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions