So you can laugh 😆 (?)

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
This is not a complaint of any kind. Please don’t misinterpret. I bought my Simplex this February to get back into detecting. I had a Frontiersman in the early 70’s and found a lot of coins and artifacts, even a few rings. It died in 2022. Thats like 150 in detector years. I have been out nearly every day since February; Sometimes twice. Below are all of the coins I’ve found with the Simplex. (Laugh Prompt Light is “ON”) Today I found the top 2 : 1981 P nickel and 2005 D cent. My first 2 coin day with this machine! I’m ecstatic (no sarcasm).
I found them in my front yard. An area I’ve been over dozens of times using various settings. Why today? No idea. But it just proves how much fun this hobby can be. It’s full of surprises and you never know what will be next.
I’ll be out there again tomorrow. Kinda like fishing. Some days you get nibbles and some days you catch whoppers.
Thanks for viewing.

Attachments

• IMG_2063.jpeg
    IMG_2063.jpeg
    975.7 KB · Views: 44
Upvote 17

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is not a complaint of any kind. Please don’t misinterpret. I bought my Simplex this February to get back into detecting. I had a Frontiersman in the early 70’s and found a lot of coins and artifacts, even a few rings. It died in 2022. Thats like 150 in detector years. I have been out nearly every day since February; Sometimes twice. Below are all of the coins I’ve found with the Simplex. (Laugh Prompt Light is “ON”) Today I found the top 2 : 1981 P nickel and 2005 D cent. My first 2 coin day with this machine! I’m ecstatic (no sarcasm).
I found them in my front yard. An area I’ve been over dozens of times using various settings. Why today? No idea. But it just proves how much fun this hobby can be. It’s full of surprises and you never know what will be next.
I’ll be out there again tomorrow. Kinda like fishing. Some days you get nibbles and some days you catch whoppers.
Thanks for viewing.
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

cajundetector

Mar 4, 2023
Thanks for viewing.
Absolutely, I think the randomness and sheer possibility and anticipation of finding something rewarding is what keeps me hooked, like playing a slot machine. I wish I was more like my cousin, he gets excited about anything he digs…. it can be a nail, bottle cap, chunk of iron and he rejoices. To me, digging any coin (modern or old) is a true rescue.

Nathan W

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2023
Thanks for viewing.
A bad day detecting is better than a day at work

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for viewing.
Good job. I like to say, “Miss it an inch, miss it a mile.”

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The joy of finding money has been ingrained in me since I was a little kid. No matter the amount its all delightful.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread