So you think golf has hazzards....try detecting!

leslie(nova scotia)

Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the land of the Bluenose.....after the other day and 144 coins thought a nice easy swish was in order so we packed a picnic and packed Otto and headed down the south shore via the old highway and through my home town of Hubbards.
P2100002.jpg

. The old fish plant in the background is where the tv series Black harbour was filmed. Of course we had to stop at Hubbards Beach and pig out on a great order of fish and chips along with a long chat with the owners whom Marie had worked with and I knew from ball.
From there it was through scenic Mahone Bay which was quite busy with the tourists who flock to this small quaint town....this bouy is not sure why!
P2100004.jpg

Finally we arrived at our destination.
P2100005.jpg

Decided to do a land dig first when I ran into this sign
P2100025.jpg

so I limited myself to the beach area
P2100008.jpg

which coughed up a few pennies.

Enough of that so into the drink this bouy did go with his duct tape and popsicle repaired Seahunter
P2100024.jpg

P2100016.jpg

and out this bouy did come
P2100022.jpg
with but a few trinkets
P2100026.jpg

and a feeling like I was being crawled over by a mound of fire ants. Drying off and heading back to the car I found out why!
P2100006.jpg

Upvote 0

U.P. Northwoods

Jul 27, 2008
Nisula, MI/Peoria, IL
Detector(s) used
Whites Matrix M6
Hey I've had the ole swimmers itch before. :icon_scratch: Poison Ivy too! Can't believe it's that far north though. I would not think it was native. Up home in the U.P. of Michigan you never see it. Here in central Illinois you cannot walk anwhere in the woulds or brush without coming in contact with it. It is flat out lousy here. By the way, nice finds! :thumbsup:

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Hey Leslie,

Good stuff. Looks to have been a nice day, and a great outing.
Very nice to see a picture of yourself as well.
Nice to put a face with a name.

Thom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread