Sold all my silver coins.

Myrick

Sep 21, 2012
Charleston, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
See,this is why i buy 1 oz bars at 4 dollars over spot with free shipping! Invest long term,15 years from now your bank roll will be killing it!!! American silver eagles are to far over spot for me to afford.with .999 bars i can at least get out with my ass intact if silver takes a hit.

Where do you buy?

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still a teenager and already sitting on over $100k in precious metals. FRB monetary policy obviously works for OP.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never said the picture was MY box,i grabbed a picture because there are people out there that have no idea what a "monster box" is thus i posted a random picture to avoid multiple posters commenting on what a monster box in which would bring other members threads lower down the thread list.

i would post a picture but i sold my previous iphone in favor of the iphone 5 which is currently backordered....

You have more guts then me, no phone until the order comes in....???

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See,this is why i buy 1 oz bars at 4 dollars over spot with free shipping! Invest long term,15 years from now your bank roll will be killing it!!! American silver eagles are to far over spot for me to afford.with .999 bars i can at least get out with my ass intact if silver takes a hit.

You are getting taken. You can buy 1 oz generic rounds/bars for less than $.25 cents over spot. I just purchased a tube of "Sunshine Mint" rounds yesterday for $660.00 or $33.00 dollars a piece.
Silver at the time of purchase was 32.71. ASE's go for around 3 - 4 dollars over spot, I would find another dealer and if you need an online dealer try GOLD BULLION COINS | American Silver Eagles | BUY SILVER BULLION ROUNDS & BARS , if you are into bars
then www.silvertowne.com is the place to buy bars. 5 toz and 10 toz come with free shipping and are close to the markup I stated above.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
1996 is the key and most expensive, almost double the normal bullion rounds.

This opens up the opportunity to discuss ASEs as collector coins rather than treated as normal bullion rounds. I wouldn't mind adding my 2 cents to the discussion, but it isn't pertinent to the thread or this forum. Perhaps, if a thread was started in the Coins forum on this discussion, I'm sure we could get some interesting viewpoints.

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1996 is the key and most expensive, almost double the normal bullion rounds.

Don't forget, Kevin was a toddler in 1996 (2-3yo).

Hi, my names Kevin and i am a 18 year old male from Pa i'am somewhat new to roll hunting and coin collecting in general but i love this hobby/modern day treasure hunt. ;D But anyway enough chit chat i picked up 2 boxes of nickels today and this is what i found in the first one. 25 Buffalos most dateless but a few with dates and a 1936 that is a absolute jem in almost uncirculated condition. YAY!
P.S pardon my macbooks built in webcam its not the best. :-\

Expecting him to predict the future numismatic value of 1996 ASEs before potty training is a bit too far fetched. It is amazing enough that he had the foresight to invest nearly $20k in bullion at age 5-6yo in 1999.
I still have 6 sealed boxes of 1999 silver eagles that i bought in 1999:occasion14: Good find not bad for a buck.
I hope so,i bought 6 monster boxes of 1999 silver eagles when silver was at $5.60 i contemplated selling at $45 but held off....

db23

Mar 18, 2011
I don't "Like" stuff often, or ever before, but good job LooseChange!

Kevin, 6 Monster boxes by 18 years old... well done. :laughing7:

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can we get a "Triple" like button installed here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Expecting him to predict the future numismatic value of 1996 ASEs before potty training is a bit too far fetched. It is amazing enough that he had the foresight to invest nearly $20k in bullion at age 5-6yo in 1999.

LooseChange you have wonderful slueth capabilities.....

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Some people are born with a Silver Spoon others not so much....:sign10:

Senor

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Not to pile on but it looks like it was TimZim's idea:

I would like your feed back I have about 3300 40% that i found crh in about 12 weeks i will have 4000 or more and can trade them for 500 oz monster box Thats 500 .9999 of silver one oz rounds american eagles. I will give up some silver to get it ??? Good deal??? What do you think? I find about 1000 40% every 16 or so weeks.So i will find more.??? If i do get it i would leave it sealed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread