Sold all my silver coins.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am going to sell my 40% when i get about 3500 again i have 2600 right now. I will not sell my 90% any time soon.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Love the Monster box. Open and post some pics?

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
I was thinking of selling my 40% rather soon and buy some 1oz rounds, some dimes and quarters with the money. Consolidate my load as my safe is filling up rather quick ( well rather slow the last 3 months ) and I will be in need of another soon enough if I dont consolidate the hoard.

theproph

Oct 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My goal in CRH is to find enough 'junk silver' to sell and purchase a monster box!

Myrick

Sep 21, 2012
Charleston, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Why would one rather have silver eagles than loose silver coinage? Sorry if the question seems silly.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Myrick said:
Why would one rather have silver eagles than loose silver coinage? Sorry if the question seems silly.

I prefer junk silva homie. But some folks like the eagles betta because it isn't work down and it looks brand new

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.999 re-sells better than 90%, just like 90% is more desired than 40% and foreign silver.

Plus, bullion tends to weigh exact. Whereas, coinage has circulated for years and worn. Also, MS70 Eagles have sold for major premiums, and I think more than fair share of those from West Point.

I started collecting silver again because of investment/doomsday/economy/inflation survival and I prefer old coinage for that reason. American Eagles are beautiful though, especially gold ones, but if people started bartering with precious metals, it would be like having a hundred dollar bill with a doubtful outcome on making change.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
So there is a huge bar in the box? Or ASEs? Sorry for the newbie question. If its a huge bar it would be cool at first but all I can think about is someone taking off with that if your house got broken into. I like junk silver because its already broken down into smaller denominations and you didn't pay a premium for it like you do with fractional silver.
Pics! Pics! I would love to see some pics! Please!LOL =)

Hugs and Smiles,
Garoulady

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
500 ASEs

Are you going to open it, or leave it sealed?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions